Speed Demon

Default sold the v1, new v1 on the way.

sold my v1 yesterday for 300 bux, ordered another refurbrished unit.

My co-worker (pizza driver) had gotten his second ticket in less than 3 days, so I decided it was time to educate. I gave him the site and v1 website and told him I was going to send mine in for an update but it wasn't necessary, and I was trying to cut down on turn around time by buying another unit instead of sending mine in and waiting. I think vr wants like 50 or 60 bux to upgrade/date it and I just gave him my v1 for the difference and convenience. (I understand how pissed he was). My v1 was garaged and taken down in the sun, I always parked with the back of my car facing the sun. Sounds extreme, but when a friend of mine got a new unit, we tested them side by side (I know I know) and they alerted to everything identically, except mine ghosted more on some K band sources.

BTW, driving without a v1 sucks. I cant even drive 5mph over without seeing a cop and doing the "is he going to flip around" in my head.

Hurry little v1... hurry.

Old Timer

yea it always feels like there is a cop right around the corner without a v1

Professional

I can't drive without my V1 or I can't imagine driving blind. It sounds like we all have OCD.

Good Citizen

I had my car in for service and was driving out to class today and of course they day I dont have my detector is the day highway patrol is out in full force with motorcycles and cars doing speed enforcement.. I stuck to the PSL today especially after seeing 4 people pulled over in a 10 mile stretch... It seems like when I dont have my V1 cops are all around but as soon as it goes up they disappear.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by andrewaz
    I had my car in for service and was driving out to class today and of course they day I dont have my detector is the day highway patrol is out in full force with motorcycles and cars doing speed enforcement.. I stuck to the PSL today especially after seeing 4 people pulled over in a 10 mile stretch... It seems like when I dont have my V1 cops are all around but as soon as it goes up they disappear.
    ya I had this happen to me as soon as I sold my v1 the other day. I think I have driven 1 time since then. waiting on my v1

Old Timer

x2!

Experienced

It seems like when I dont have my V1 cops are all around but as soon as it goes up they disappear.
    This is due to the latest feature in the V1 3.863, it has a built in LEO deterrent...

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Ade
    It seems like when I dont have my V1 cops are all around but as soon as it goes up they disappear.
    This is due to the latest feature in the V1 3.863, it has a built in LEO deterrent...

If only that were true.

Luckily it's not, otherwise the LEO's would be bouncing off our respective radius' into eachother. That'd be a laugh as well.

Speed Demon

I also agree that driving on the highway without a RD is like walking to a football game in the nude.