Thread: POP & K-Band

Professional

Default POP & K-Band

Just recieved my New V-1 (3.863) still for now------right off the bat I turned X off and POP. Does turning off POP reduce the K band falses?

I know its always been said it reduces KA falses!

Professional

I cant believe with all these V-1 gurus in here and cant answer this question :shock: :shock:

Professional

no only ka falses.

Professional

Are we sure with this? since POP on the V-1 is intertwined with K/KA.....

Not doubting your answer but K seems aweful quite on mine with POP off

Experienced

K band POP checks for a harmonic before alerting, Ka does not. Hence Ka alerts first (with POP on) and if it later detects a harmonic it J's (junks) the alert.

Radar Fanatic

Yes, it does reduce it but minimal, you typically do not know that you just passed a K band polluting POP RD and just pass it on as a door opener.
    I had an e-mail from MV verifying this but I lost it.

If you are looking at suppressing K band section (7) is a must and makes it much more quiet than the competition because of the no initial alert.

By the way Holla I still have the last 2 hours of 24 on my hard drive and have not watched it yet!

Lead Foot

Default Re: POP & K-Band

Quote Originally Posted by Holla
    Just recieved my New V-1 (3.863) still for now------right off the bat I turned X off and POP. Does turning off POP reduce the K band falses?

This is the only way to keep every thing K..oshar .. Answer to your question K band ... Nah but KA "YES" you will see difference .. and longer range for sure ... welcome to the world of 3.863 [ not big difference ]

good luck ....

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    Yes, it does reduce it but minimal, you typically do not know that you just passed a K band polluting POP RD and just pass it on as a door opener.
    I had an e-mail from MV verifying this but I lost it.

If you are looking at suppressing K band section (7) is a must and makes it much more quiet than the competition because of the no initial alert.

By the way Holla I still have the last 2 hours of 24 on my hard drive and have not watched it yet!
    Thanks for all the answers----You better sit down and watch the last 48hrs of 24...lol Its Goooooooood/

Professional

Default Re: POP & K-Band

Quote Originally Posted by MadCanadian
    Quote Originally Posted by Holla

This is the only way to keep every thing K..oshar .. Answer to your question K band ... Nah but KA "YES" you will see difference .. and longer range for sure ... welcome to the world of 3.863 [ not big difference ]

good luck ....
    Yes turning off POP will detect longer range but lets say that you had to turn on POP and turn off X on a Road Trip? would it also increase range that way also? I am going on a Road Trip and I know this city has POP and No X.

Old Timer

Wait holla did upgrade to 3.863? why didnt u just tune ur old one which i believe to be the same as mine (3.826)?