Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1 Vs CB Radio

Lead Foot

Default V1 Vs CB Radio

V1 and CB radios , wondering how safe you are while you are driving over PSL ?

I am trying to understand one's point of view with V1 or STI & CB radio owner...
    My point here is .... i usually drive 15 mph or some times 20 mph over PSL [ Day time only ] without CB Radio but wondering if i should go another 5 miles over trusting my CB radio and trucker friend .... will this be safe ? ... I trust my V1 with out any doubt

what would you guys recommend ? and your experience ..with similar incident ....

Side Note : Documented solid 3 miles KA , 35.5 on my V1 in downtown Chicago ..last night ...

Radar Fanatic

Just buy a laser jammer instead.

Speed Demon

Default Re: V1 Vs CB Radio

Quote Originally Posted by MadCanadian

I am trying to understand one's point of view with V1 or STI & CB radio owner...
    My point here is .... i usually drive 15 mph or some times 20 mph over PSL [ Day time only ] without CB Radio but wondering if i should go another 5 miles over trusting my CB radio and trucker friend .... will this be safe ? ... I trust my V1 with out any doubt

what would you guys recommend ? and your experience ..with similar incident ....

Side Note : Documented solid 3 miles KA , 35.5 on my V1 in downtown Chicago ..last night ...
    Are you sure it was 35.5? How did you confirm this? What interstate were you on to get 3 miles?

Radar Fanatic

I think you should have a jammer if you want to feel sucure.

Lead Foot

Default Re: V1 Vs CB Radio

Quote Originally Posted by aust3333
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCanadian

Are you sure it was 35.5? How did you confirm this? What interstate were you on to get 3 miles?
    confirmed 35.5 KA and it was a city kitty ...@ devon street . I was happend to have my STI running way low on the window that was showing me the freq .

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by carter840
    I think you should have a jammer if you want to feel sucure.
    yeh Jammers is always good and secure .. and would love to get that installed if that was my option ...but i though it would be more clear to me if i ask question from you folks ..

Speed Demon

X3 on the laser jammer.

CB can provide some good saves that a RD might not, but it's probably not going to be consistent enough to increase your rate across the board. Also, many think that the CB info is more consistent the farther south you go. North of the border, I probably miss a lot since I'm not fluent in French (many Canadian truckers are out of Quebec).

Lead Foot

V1 Vs CB makes Great Saves
    live action ... perfect match and made for each other :-)

Yesterday " Friday " was a crazy day for traffic and my new detector CB was right on it .... I got my first CB alert aprox 20 to 30 miles away when i heard that state line WI/IL mile marker 1 is " closed " due to fatality and in 5 minutes i was all set up with an alternate route back to INT 90 ... man o man ... i was so excited when i got back to INT 90 after listening to alternate route from trucker ... " with out CB " i would have never made in on time to my destination .... Thank you CB ....

Again after 1 hour got another cb alert pretty much 15 min early aprox 20 miles that IL LEO is working hard tonight on INT 80 some of them are with their customers and some of them are waiting for customers Smile .. with all the mile markers... and for sure my V1 alerted me about 3 to 2 miles when i got to it .... and then another accident on Int 80 ... and was on my back to Int 80 through alternate route to 94 ... thanks to all my truckers friend ....

few more Smokey alert way before then my RD could imagine .. and now i understand how things gets much easier if you know about mile markers ...

sql was a bit tough to toggle around but i am getting use to it ... i guess it will get better with time ... but last night was all about Smokey & bear ...

thanks for the information folks but i am excited and having fun ..

Lead Foot

Hello,

CB , Detector and Lidar 'Parking sensors' are all tools. Using those countermeasures in pairs or all of them together will be a big help protecting you from tickets. Remember that sooner or later your luck will run out. The only 'near' fool-proof way not to get tickets is doing the PSL. (never 100% either as a LEO 'could' get a bad reading and ticket you anyway)

CB's are fine except when a CB equipped LEO gives you a false bear report that the road is clear and waits for you.

Don't forget to use your FM/AM radio for traffic reports. More then once listening to a FM station has saved me from traffic jams due to accidents.

My pick -

#1 Detector
    #2 Rabbits
    #3 'Parking unit' or CB

Take care,

Spin

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner55
    Hello,

CB , Detector and Lidar 'Parking sensors' are all tools. Using those countermeasures in pairs or all of them together will be a big help protecting you from tickets. Remember that sooner or later your luck will run out. The only 'near' fool-proof way not to get tickets is doing the PSL. (never 100% either as a LEO 'could' get a bad reading and ticket you anyway)

CB's are fine except when a CB equipped LEO gives you a false bear report that the road is clear and waits for you.

Don't forget to use your FM/AM radio for traffic reports. More then once listening to a FM station has saved me from traffic jams due to accidents.

My pick -

#1 Detector
    #2 Rabbits
    #3 'Parking unit' or CB

Take care,

Spin
    Thanks for being negative here which i appreciate :-) ... i am normal so i can take a traffic violation [ Ticket ] as a man :-) ...
    thanks for looking after me & i will try not to speed hard :-)

Fm/ AM radio information is not real time so it would be hard to relay on traffic jam when it comes to radio .. i think i would stick to cb radio for traffic jam and i suspect no one can beat that ...

i would advise you to get over your speeding ticket if you have one and enjoy your commute

LEO giving wrong information is playing with citizens life and thats not what they get training on .. so i doubt thats the case ...but as per my good friend ... i was told that these information can be verified real fast when another trucker friend crossing the advised mile marker ...
    thanks again and get over with our previous ticket ...