Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V1 questions

Speed Demon

Default V1 questions

In a fit of stupidity, I appear to have misplaced the piece of paper that said everything there is to say about POP and was ontop of my V1's manual. I'm sure it's somewhere in my car, but I haven't had the chance to look, and might not for good while. Anybody care to scan it or something? Also, well, now I've forgotten my second question. I'll think about it.
    Richard

Speed Demon

Now I remember my other questions. What are the extra suction cups for? How about the blade style fuse (I know the other one is for the power cord). Also, anybody else wish that as they turned up the volume the V1 would beep so you know what level the volume is at? I'd also like to be able to hear the various sounds to familiarize myself with them. Still though, I like it. Just need to find me a smokey.
    Richard

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike
    Now I remember my other questions. What are the extra suction cups for? How about the blade style fuse (I know the other one is for the power cord). Also, anybody else wish that as they turned up the volume the V1 would beep so you know what level the volume is at? I'd also like to be able to hear the various sounds to familiarize myself with them. Still though, I like it. Just need to find me a smokey.
    Richard

I'm no help with POP, but here are some other answers in the order that you asked the questions:

The extra suction cups are for when those on your windshield mount become permanently deformed and need to be replaced. Trust me...it will happen. (Especially if it gets cold.) Just slide the old ones out and put the new ones in.

The blade fues is for the cig lighter plug. (The old one pops out when you slide up the V1 logo, located opposite the two plug holes.

Yes and yes for the volume and the sound tutorial. My Bel 975R had an audio tutorial sequence so that you could familiarize yourself with what sound meant what. You'll go quickly down the learning curve anyway, though. The sounds are very distinct. If you get a "brap" or a "brap - brap" it's time to pay attention. Those are the only two sounds mine makes now, (except for the rare laser alert) . Happy smokey hunting.

Speed Demon

Ah, the cigaretter lighter. That I'm guessing will find a home in my dad's car for when I use that (got my V1 hardwired in). I'm sure I could learn the sounds quickly if I could find the cops. On any other day they'd be all over the place (I'm serious, check this out http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/...idson&st=15221)
    Not only is that the city I am in, that speed trap they are talking about is about 1.5 miles from me.
    Richard

Radar Fanatic

Ah, the cigaretter lighter. That I'm guessing will find a home in my dad's car for when I use that (got my V1 hardwired in). I'm sure I could learn the sounds quickly if I could find the cops. On any other day they'd be all over the place (I'm serious, check this out http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/...idson&st=15221)
    Not only is that the city I am in, that speed trap they are talking about is about 1.5 miles from me.
    Richard
    Can't get the link to work but I think I know what you mean. When you want to find one, they simply don't exist. And when you're 15+ over, they're lined up just after the next overpass...with laser.

Speed Demon

Well, here are some copy and pastes

1 - Davidson Police do nothing but Traffic Enforcement. Within a month of moving here I went through 3 Licencse checks. With respect to speeding trap, they sit at the southbound entrance of Exit 30. While people speed down coming from the lakes area where no cops could possibly be, they are Johnny on the spot waiting for speeders after they go through the underpass. Generally Cops are everywhere in this town.

2 - From what I hear Davidson has a new Captain and he's some big shot from the West Coast.They even have a swat team now lol. I lived in Davidson for 18 years and not once has there be a need for a swat team. Watch the ramps, they like to hide in the trees going north bound and they will pull you over all the way into the next County.

Richard

Radar Fanatic

Well, here are some copy and pastes

1 - Davidson Police do nothing but Traffic Enforcement. Within a month of moving here I went through 3 Licencse checks. With respect to speeding trap, they sit at the southbound entrance of Exit 30. While people speed down coming from the lakes area where no cops could possibly be, they are Johnny on the spot waiting for speeders after they go through the underpass. Generally Cops are everywhere in this town.

2 - From what I hear Davidson has a new Captain and he's some big shot from the West Coast.They even have a swat team now lol. I lived in Davidson for 18 years and not once has there be a need for a swat team. Watch the ramps, they like to hide in the trees going north bound and they will pull you over all the way into the next County.

Richard
    That sounds a bit like the town in MA where I grew up. The cops I've met are all very decent people, but they'll clock ANYTHING, for ANY REASON. I think that's due to the fact that the town has (or at least had) as many cows as people, so they simply don't have anything else to do all day. At one point (2002?) they were the biggest ticket issuer in the state per capita.

Speed Demon

Speeding tickets and alcohol citations, that's basically what they do. The town is 600 acres in area and the school is 400 acres. 50% of the non-school is railroad track and student housing, yet they still found a need to buy a BMW motorcycle for traffic enforcement.
    Richard

Manufacturer

Default I am just being silly here...

Please pardon this commentary, but I heard that VEIL may be banned in France since it may be viewed as religious wear, NOT because it interferes with police laser!

Just kidding...

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I like how what the French government considers ultra-PC, banning religious wear, would be ultra-not-PC in the US.