Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky escape!

Experienced

Default Lucky escape!

Coming home on the motorway the other night doing around 120mph on the inside lane, some traffic around but very few and far between I was just moving into the middle lane to over-take and then back to the inside lane again.

A police car went past me like I wasn't moving I must have missed him coming down the ramp in the dark, no radar at all but he obviously never saw me as I was keeping traffic behind me. Hanging out on your own in the outside lane just doesn't pay, I'd have been toast for sure!

Radar Fanatic

you were probably just lucky he had a bigger fish to fry somewhere else. that or he was going so fast he didnt notice your speed. either way you were lucky.

Professional

I had the same thing last night on my way home from work. I was zipping along at 55-60MPH in a 35/30 (the PSL changes right in that area) and a LEO was sitting in the driveway to the park right across from the gym with no lights and no radar. I saw his reflectors (this was an expedition) and slammed on the brakes and that apparently did it. If he would have been watching/shooting people, I'd be in major pain this morning.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by corkguykev
    you were probably just lucky he had a bigger fish to fry somewhere else. that or he was going so fast he didnt notice your speed. either way you were lucky.
    Lucky for sure, I'm not convinced he even saw me though. He was coming down the outside lane and I wouldn't have been in his line of sight as I was in the near side lane and had traffic behind me. Whichever way, fortunate for sure. Hard to monitor those ramps in the dark .

Lead Foot

you were very lucky

I try not to go over 90mph now.

I got caught a few years back at 104mph but paniced when I the letter saying i was caught speeding, as I was actually a few seconds before travelling at 145mph and had decidec to slow down on a long straight stretch of the M61 as I felt i was being watched !

Radar Fanatic

its very often a big long straight stretch of road that they hide on isnt it? just proves that its not about safety to me really :roll: . they can lie all they want about it, they might convince a few people all right :wink: .

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Thank God Krispy Cream closed in 5 minutes or your goose would have been cooked.

Speed Demon

I had a Vic fly past me on Route 8 the other day, and I thought that I got nailed by ENRADD or something (Untill he passed me).

Lead Foot

I had a similar incident at 401 London /Ontario/ Canada .. i was pretty much doing 140 on 100km psl ... and from no where 2 OPP cruisers passed by me with lights on and trust me i am pretty carefully while driving but i had no idea FC [clue ] where they came from ... no radar also ... i guess they were going on a dispatch location other wise i was toasted ... :-)

Old Timer

dam 120 and u didnt get noticed at all