Good Citizen

Default Connecting the V1 to mute the sound system when it alerts

Hi,
    Did anyone see/use this product on ebay ?
    It supposed to be an adaptor for the V1 to mute the sound system..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Good Citizen

I saw it. Don't have much interest/use for such an item. Plus, don't know about purchasing from Israel. I checked their site: www.valentine1.co.il and it looks like a total rip (copyright infringment) of pieces of the VR website. I'm a little leary... Just my 2 cents.

Good Citizen

Default seller

The seller has 100% feedback,

Radar Fanatic

on net scearches for the v1 i have come across that site before!

they are infringing mikes copyright by using his pics, it wouldnt be a problem if they were their own pics!

its abit of a rip off as a bit of RJ11 wire and connected to the audio remote and your mute on your stereo.

that box is where the wires are joined i dont think there is anything else in there apart from a few crimp connectors or terminal blocks..

any electrical current which goes down the mute wire on your stereo and it mutes!

i dont know why its that dear for abit of wire!

its far easier to cut the wires to the remote, and rejoin them but on the audio wire link a wire off that and connect it to your stereo mute wire!

i dont think any diode or ''black box'' thing is needed! i'm sure most ''electrical v1 wiring gurus'' on here will know i'm probibly right on saying this!

its abit of a worthless thing because every beep even if its just a 1 singal and then dissapears will have your stereo muted!

magine that in the city! you'd either smash the v1 up or your stereo or both!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster
    its abit of a worthless thing because every beep even if its just a 1 singal and then dissapears will have your stereo muted!

imagine that in the city! you'd either smash the v1 up or your stereo or both!
    We are in definite agreement :!: :!: 8)

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nomotickets
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster

imagine that in the city! you'd either smash the v1 up or your stereo or both!
    We are in definite agreement :!: :!: 8)

also if i recall my memory when i was putting my own stereos in,

the mute wire was ment to be connected to the mobile phone, i havent used it but this is how i think it works is that when it rings the stereo mutes either off or very low volume,
    but when it stops ringing or you answer it the stereo doesnt automaticly increase the volume you have to press the mute to return the volume to normal! because when you answer the phone you wouldnt want the stereo coming on full blast while your trying to have a conversation!

so each time it beeps you'd have to keep pressing mute on your stereo!
    there is no auto increase!

you'd get even more in a rage if there was something on the radio about some terrorist attack and it muted and you missed what was being said!

and people thing false alerts are bad! imagine each time it give one your stereo muted! in the city you may aswell keep your finger on the stereo!

but this v1 muting could work in the desert where a alert is an alert and not a false!

Good Citizen

Default mute

we only have KA and laser threats, so the V1 will false alert about once in two days, even in the city, so I'm not worried about many muting...

Professional

Nice setup subaru. I like that bond kit thing lol.

Good Citizen

Default setup

10X,
    That Bond kit is realy a 007 solution... and you even the LEDS inside to show you it's status up/down.
    I'll upload pics of my Civic Bond installation sometime next week, Im in DK (Denmark) now, the country that gave us the Blinder :-)