Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Best Supplement to V1

So I've been searching around for like half an hour now, but found nothing on this topic. What is the best supplementary radar detector to work in conjunction with a V1? I'm a tech savvy person and personally just want more gadgets in the cockpit. I was looking at the CB/Scanner subforum, but I don't like the idea of a huge antenna on my car.

Power User

erickonphoenix supplements his V1 with a SR7 to display frequency while the V1 provides directional intelligence.

The Veil Guy pairs his V1 with an STi.

Personally if you just want more gadgets I'd recommend getting one that's more immediately useful like a jammer or other laser defenses.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Best Supplement to V1

Quote Originally Posted by kevblah
    So I've been searching around for like half an hour now, but found nothing on this topic. What is the best supplementary radar detector to work in conjunction with a V1? I'm a tech savvy person and personally just want more gadgets in the cockpit. I was looking at the CB/Scanner subforum, but I don't like the idea of a huge antenna on my car.
    Your money, and your time, would be better spent with another gadget. Detector interference coupled with the fact that there is next to no benefit running two simultaneously makes this a fairly pointless idea, imo.

If you absolutely insisted on it, an 8500 or something facing rearward as part of a really slick installation is a thought, but with a V1, it's not one on which I'd bother spending a few hundred bucks.

1. There may be ways to get a CB or scanner mounted in your car without having a huge-ass antenna; others here would know more about that than I do. Check on your state/local laws regarding mobile, non-professional scanner usage.

2. Lidar jammer, replete with F/R transceivers and all that cool stuff.

3. Non traffic-related gadgets, like A/V, nav, etc.

Newcomer

Default Re: Best Supplement to V1

Quote Originally Posted by Veri
    Your money, and your time, would be better spent with another gadget. Detector interference coupled with the fact that there is next to no benefit running two simultaneously makes this a fairly pointless idea, imo.
    i see your line of reasoning.

laser jammers are ridiculously pricey if i recall correctly

are you referring to the glass mounts for antenna or perhaps an alternative method? the only thing keeping me from buying a scanner and/or cb is the antenna problem.

i may be getting a color concealed display for the v1...

Professional

The Speedcheetah GPS Mirror with the radar detector interface is an awesome gadget to compliment your V1. The mirror gives the V1 voice alerts, and silences its alerts below a user selectable speed. The mirror gives a view of all 3 lanes behind you too. One day I left my mirror at home, as I had been updating the database on it. I felt like I was peeking through a keyhole behind me, instead of the wide angle view of the GPS mirror. I think its one of the best products on the market for any detector, especially if you travel through big cities that are loaded with cameras and lots of false alarms. All I need now is a laser jammer and im set.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinZX-10R
    The Speedcheetah GPS Mirror with the radar detector interface is an awesome gadget to compliment your V1. The mirror gives the V1 voice alerts, and silences its alerts below a user selectable speed. The mirror gives a view of all 3 lanes behind you too. One day I left my mirror at home, as I had been updating the database on it. I felt like I was peeking through a keyhole behind me, instead of the wide angle view of the GPS mirror. I think its one of the best products on the market for any detector, especially if you travel through big cities that are loaded with cameras and lots of false alarms. All I need now is a laser jammer and im set.
    Any way I can find out if its attachable to a Mercedes C320 mirror?
    And the website seems to be geared toward a European market, are these equally as effective in the United States? I'm a little curious about this product now, first time hearing about it.

valentine 1, cb radio, digital and trunking scanner, garmin gps, and a laser jammer, .

Newcomer

Off topic, but im also curious as to why this forum doesnt have a classifieds section for the selling and buying of goods?

Power User

Off topic, but im also curious as to why this forum doesnt have a classifieds section for the selling and buying of goods?
    Presumably because it was started originally for Roy's radarbusters.com customers to converse and buying/selling by other parties was discouraged.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    Presumably because it was started originally for Roy's radarbusters.com customers to converse and buying/selling by other parties was discouraged.
    oh okay, didnt know that. thanks