Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: V1 w/GPS

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by danny_isr
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip559
    Why?

In a way its good to integrate things such as the Iphone eliminating the need for a separate ipod and phone.

However, the V1 does one thing and does it well. I don't see why it needs a GPS.
    sure does well, and it false very well too. with a GPS i could mute all of them.

not to mention my idea , Auto MUTE below speed limit.
    GPS knows my speed , and some has the speed limits embedded in them
    i dont need RD when i'm slow, period.
    Those are very powerful features. I came to terms with my V1 only after I installed a mute button on the back of my turn signal switch. Now when I put it in a different car it becomes really annoying.

I vote yes for GPS

Good Citizen

I think being able to incorporate the V1 with a GPS unit would make sense. It doesn't have to be a unit that they manufacture. Just being able to link the two could be useful to some drivers. With all of the red light cameras here in St. Louis it would be nice to be able to identify where those are via your GPS. I like Uniden's idea of incorporating the detector with the GPS unit. However, we all know how good of a detector that they will make. It would be nice to pair the best radar detector with a GPS unit. Who knows it could even at some point make your V1 go off like it would for a radar source. I don't know....just throwing out ideas.