Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: No Warnings

  1. #1

    Default No Warnings

    own two V- 1's, an early model and one that is a little over a year old.
    I received a radar ticket on I-81, no warning. Several months later I received another radar ticket, officer was using a hand held K-band unit. Again, no warning. As I sat there, the other officer was still shooting K-band, no more than 25 feet away, my V-1 was silent. These two incidents happened with the first series V-1 about 3 years ago. I purchased another V-1 that was "updated" and also has Laser mode. A couple of months ago, we were traveling in a 3 car group through NC. I was in front, car two was using the latest Escort, car 3 had a V-1. A NCHP came up behind us running K band, Both car 2 & 3 picked his signal up but not mine. When I returned to Tennessee, I drove through town to find the city police using their hand held K unit, I parked up the street facing them as they shot radar in my direction , again no warnings from my V-1. The other day I passed a "check your speed" radar unit which in our town uses X-band, My V-1 didn't even pick this up. I am sending both units back to Valentine for repair but unfortunately I have lost confidence in these units. When do you know when one of the bands fall out? Usually when you get stopped for a ticket.

  2. #2
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,561

    Default Re: No Warnings

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ManArmy
    own two V- 1's, an early model and one that is a little over a year old.
    I received a radar ticket on I-81, no warning. Several months later I received another radar ticket, officer was using a hand held K-band unit. Again, no warning. As I sat there, the other officer was still shooting K-band, no more than 25 feet away, my V-1 was silent. These two incidents happened with the first series V-1 about 3 years ago. I purchased another V-1 that was "updated" and also has Laser mode. A couple of months ago, we were traveling in a 3 car group through NC. I was in front, car two was using the latest Escort, car 3 had a V-1. A NCHP came up behind us running K band, Both car 2 & 3 picked his signal up but not mine. When I returned to Tennessee, I drove through town to find the city police using their hand held K unit, I parked up the street facing them as they shot radar in my direction , again no warnings from my V-1. The other day I passed a "check your speed" radar unit which in our town uses X-band, My V-1 didn't even pick this up. I am sending both units back to Valentine for repair but unfortunately I have lost confidence in these units. When do you know when one of the bands fall out? Usually when you get stopped for a ticket.
    What kind of car do you have? Some cars have tiny wires in the front windshield for heating, which block radar signals... this may be the problem.

  3. #3

    Default

    An R32, V-70R, I use my V-1 in a variety of cars. BTW, version 3.789, factory settings.

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ManArmy
    An R32, V-70R, I use my V-1 in a variety of cars. BTW, version 3.789, factory settings.
    Ok, so it does this same problem in multiple cars?

    The strange thing is that you said you've had two units and both seem to be defective... which to me indicates perhaps an environmental (windshield) issue... however it IS possible that you got two defective units.

    You mentioned your friend's unit worked fine...

    Very strange. Anyone else had any defective units on this board? pipe up...

  5. #5

    Default

    Having had issues with both units shakes my confidence in V-1's. After getting a ticket from an old hand held K, I thought maybe the K gun had been modified to operate outside of the standard K band mode, if that is possible. I borrowed my neighbor's Wall Mart dectector (Bel, I think) and picked up the same gun every time I saw them out shooting. I have been using dectectors for a long time, my first was a FuzzBuster, then the first series Escorts(with the signal strenght meter) those were great dectectors in thier day.

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    2,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ManArmy
    An R32, V-70R, I use my V-1 in a variety of cars. BTW, version 3.789, factory settings.
    wow nice set of wheels you got there!

  7. #7
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Well i can tell you that i have owned a V1 since 1996 and the V1 has never not picked up a real radar signal
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Well i can tell you that i have owned a V1 since 1996 and the V1 has never not picked up a real radar signal
    As it should be... Don't misunderstand, I am not a V-1 hater, if so I would not have purchased two of them. I will post up on what Valentine determines is wrong with them when I receive them back. At this time I would be reluctant to pay for any repairs to these two units as I will always be wondering if they are working correctly. I probably will replace them with another brand.

  9. #9
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Computer interfacing!!
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Got out the x band k-15 today and tested the new 3.825 I just got back from Valentine Research. Great detection and location. Just for kicks decided to check out my finance's 3.789 and a couple old v1.7 2.909s I had around. V1.7s were less likely to pickup reflections as bogies and lo and behold her 3.789 was dead on x band. Put that sucker in fridge but still no joy. Only picked up x band when I was right on top of the source and then only 3 bars. We both concluded that we needed to take the valentines down and out of the sun.

  10. #10
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    476

    Default

    there seems to be more and more V1 Issus about not picking up K-Band... scarry.. :?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. SWS warnings
    By V995OHDH in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 09:28 PM
  2. False POP warnings?
    By SharkDiver in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 10:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •