I've finally decided to purchase a brand new V1. I'm dying to try this detector that everybody here goes crazy about. Can't call myself an enthusiast if I don't own/try one of these. I love my X50, it is a great detector and I've had lots of fun, but I have to sell it to able to afford the V1. Sad to see the X50 go, but its currently for sale and hopefully it will go to another owner that will take good care of it. So the V1 order hasn't been put through yet, but I'll do it as soon as the X50 sells.
I really do hate when I get emotionally attached to material objects, lol. But now I have a few questions about the V1:
1) Does the V1 have brightness adjustments and is it loud like the X50's loud tones?
2) If the custom power cord works with my X50, will the RJ 11 phone jack type cord work with the V1?
3) Should I have option 6 off and what kind of effect will that have on detector?
4) Can I have the all bogeys mode on but have X band off?
5) If I have the logic modes on, will this affect KA band performance or only affects X, K?
6) How much does Mike V charge for shipping?
7) Does the V1 function ok with high sun heat hitting on it? (Live in Florida)
8) Does the V1 easily remove from the suction cup housing so i can quickly tuck it in the armrest then snap it back like i did with the X50?
So these are some of the question, ill be having more as time goes on :-)