Default reprogramming not working...

Hey guys, I have looked at the stickies so don't point me there.

I have a 3.826, purchased just two months ago.

Here's what I want and here's the problem:

I want x off.
    I want k muted until strength meter goes past 4 leds.
    I want k muted for 20 seconds, might just go with 30 to see if it works.

I have all arrows up except for: 1, 7, C, E. My radar still alerts me at full volume of a k band with signal strength of one.

Any ideas?

Power User

Dumb question: Did you remember to put the detector in little L mode? Muting settings have no effect in A mode.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    Dumb question: Did you remember to put the detector in little L mode? Muting settings have no effect in A mode.
    ^^^

What he said.

Lead Foot

X-off will always work but like stated earlier you need L or l for mute options. In L you will have a visual alert but no audio and in l you will have no audio/visual alert per mute settings.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by polakatl
    X-off will always work but like stated earlier you need L or l for mute options. In L you will have a visual alert but no audio and in l you will have no audio/visual alert per mute settings.
    You mean little L and big L (big L is the one that will not show any alert, even visual, for whatever you muted)

I have it in big L. I thought programming options would not even show in A mode and that it would always be what came from the factory. This is correct, right?

And another thing I forgot to mention:

These k band alerts are almost all in front of me. I only say this cuz I had thought about turning kband off from the rear, but I don't think that will help me.

Yesterday I switched two things to see a difference. I turned Ka onto extra sensitive (option #5) and I set the delay to 30 seconds instead of the 20 I had. The Ka is definitely more sensitive, although I definitely don't need it to be (the coverage was already awesome) and the delay didn't really change anything. I'm still getting full-volume alerts on the weakest k band hit.

I think I might switch the auto-muting from 4 leds to 6 and see if that does it.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by k15goose
    I have it in big L.
    That's your problem.

K Band Automute Won't Work Trouble Shoot:
    Section (7) arrow down.
    Muted lever all the way down.
    Automute only works in a logic mode, preferably small logic (l) not advanced logic (L) so you can see the LED's light up on contact, and adjust your own muted K band volume.
    When using advanced logic mode (L) automute is working you just don't know it because all the LED's and both volume knobs are disabled until you break a strength or time threshold, making it unknown how long the thresholds have been in process.
    (A) mode overrides K band automute.

You are just fooling yourself about option (5) as it does not make Ka more sensitive, all it does is simply make the LED's alert more.

Power User

X2 on Ka more sensitive option -- it doesn't actually make Ka more sensitive per se -- detection range is unchanged, but it does make the detector ramp-up more paranoidly. Expect a quick ramp to full strength and for CO at least 30 secs of full-strength before encountering the cop

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by k15goose
    I have it in big L.
    That's your problem.

K Band Automute Won't Work Trouble Shoot:
    Section (7) arrow down.
    Muted lever all the way down.
    Automute only works in a logic mode, preferably small logic (l) not advanced logic (L) so you can see the LED's light up on contact, and adjust your own muted K band volume.
    When using advanced logic mode (L) automute is working you just don't know it because all the LED's and both volume knobs are disabled until you break a strength or time threshold, making it unknown how long the thresholds have been in process.
    (A) mode overrides K band automute.

You are just fooling yourself about option (5) as it does not make Ka more sensitive, all it does is simply make the LED's alert more.
    Ok, I was expecting what you just said about option 5. It is back to normal.

Now, what is sounds like your saying is that in big L the muting is actually working but it comes on when a very strong signal is detected, correct? The idea makes sense, but what doesn't make sense is that I am crossing over a bridge coming into the city and once i get about a mile before all the restaurants and stores the thing is already going off and the signal strength only indicates one or two leds. If its doing what you say it should, shouldn't it come on further down the road when its at a signal strength thats five or more? Also, it acts the same way as if I have it in A mode.

I will try little L mode, but the reason I had it in big L is that I thought it would filter out even more than little L.