Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Is this the "J" Problem?

i just bought my v1 1mnth ago exactaly and this is the 2nd time this has happpend that i have seen the J on the screen. From what my understanding is the J mean sits a junk detector or the ka band it is picking up is not a real threat.

1st time i recieved it i believed it

2nd time was different i was approaching the cop on the side of the road and he had his radar on and he had already pulled someone over.. as soon as i passed the cop i picked up ka alert and the arrow point backwards (strange i didnt pick it up before) As soon as the detector picked up the ka alert 2seconds later it turned into a J.. now i am pretty sure that is wrong, and that it really was a real threat.. what should i do? call valentine and tell them what happend and i want it to be replaced?

please guys can you guys help me

any info is appereciated!!!!!!!

Radar Fanatic

actually i jot my first J alert today. Was no cop around.. must've been crapra.. It all happen so fast, small blip of Ka, then all of a sudden deedahdo J and done... lol.

Lead Foot

Yea, I occasionally get the J. Every time I get a Ka blip for a brief second and then it "junks it".

Power User

I REALLY REALLY want to hear about J-outs with CURRENT FIRMWARE V-1's that are actually legit LEO threats. It's been a lot better but POP false rejection is NEVER perfect and as [b]ALWAYS[b] with Software, as an MIT student specializing in software, I can say that there's always room for improvement with software.

Radar Fanatic

I don't know about you guys, but this "J problem" scares the crapra out of me. That was meant as a joke, but also not. If my V1 junks a real threat I'll let you guys know and call VR, after I get done cleaning the crapra out of my pants that is.

Speedtrap Crasher

Any Ka should put you on the PSL for at least a 1/2 mile to a mile.

Sux when every fish behind you booms out in front but the risk is too high unless your very sure of the geography. J outs are kind of annoying but not common enough to really put you in a panic. Treat it like a real Ka threat.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    Any Ka should put you on the PSL for at least a 1/2 mile to a mile.

Sux when every fish behind you booms out in front but the risk is too high unless your very sure of the geography. J outs are kind of annoying but not common enough to really put you in a panic. Treat it like a real Ka threat.
    Oh, I always cool it to the PSL for a few miles when I encounter Ka. Too big of a risk. Plus it's always nice noticing that there are other things outside of my car besides blurs. I kid, I kid.

Good Citizen

i guess i should call valentine and see whats up and wats the solution to the problem. or maby my detector is just defective...hmmmm any other ideas guys? since i am 100% positive that was a real threat.

Newcomer

do you have POP off? I think turning it off will reduce the amount of J-outs you get. Although someone more knowledgeable than I should confirm that.

I run with POP off and have never received a J alert.

Radar Fanatic

do all crapra and cheapie detector ka alerts j out on the v1? I just got a 2 or 3 bar sharp Ka that lasted for 2 seconds and then it did not come on again.