Speed Demon

Default V1 - possible laser save - no jammer

So I was driving from Austin to Dallas about 2 weeks ago on IH-35 N. I'm cruising along with my V1 scanning the road ahead as far as I can see. Well after driving for ~1.5 hrs straight, I get a little tired of scanning ahead and start daydreaming a little not paying 110% to possible cops on the road, maybe 50% alert now.

Then I see out in the distance about 1/2 mile an SUV parked perpendicular on the side of the road. I just thought to myself, eh, whatever nothing special. WRONG, it was a LEO shooting laser. I was doing close to 80 in a 65 (it was pretty dark now) when the V1 just goes crazy on laser.

I promptly hit the brakes having a heart attack and pissing myself at the same time. Watched as my speedo dropped to around 65 with the laser alert still going for a good 2 seconds after I slowed down to PSL.

I thought for sure he was gonna pull out behind me as I passed him :shock: , but nope, he didnt move.

What a relief.

My guess is either he didnt get a good lock which gave me time to slow down or just didnt care

O well, that goes down as a save in my book 8)

Professional

got really lucky.

maybe he saw that you were paying attension and decided to leave you be. its the guy that doesnt slow down that they are after. most leos around here are like that. if you slow it down they dont seem to mind as much. plus.... 9 times out of 10 they are looking for the illinois lp's comming to vacation in good ol' michigan

Lead Foot

The state troopers in Texas are pretty lenient on speed, IMO. I think that as long as you aren't harming anyone else, or going WAY over the speed limit, that you wont get any attention from them. When I drive from lubbock to dallas, I usually hit about 15 over. I was the only person on the road and got popped with I/O and the cop just kept driving. Go Texas!

-Collin

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSalad
    The state troopers in Texas are pretty lenient on speed, IMO. I think that as long as you aren't harming anyone else, or going WAY over the speed limit, that you wont get any attention from them. When I drive from lubbock to dallas, I usually hit about 15 over. I was the only person on the road and got popped with I/O and the cop just kept driving. Go Texas!

-Collin
    I wouldn't say that... I've gotten pulled over for doing 78 in a 70 and I actually was doing 74. Too bad I didn't have the time to drive 4 hrs just to protest it. That's when I said I wouldn't be pulled over for speeding again.

I say you got extremely lucky but nice save.

Yoda of Radar

The V1 really kics A$$ in laser detection, I have had about 5 saves....VERY impressive for laser.

Lead Foot

only 80 on 35??? thats like crawling for that highway lol...What agency was it do you know?

80 is like my slow speed whenever I get on 35 hehe. Sad part is I still get passed by semi's and grannys in caddy's givin me the middle finger.

Speed Demon

^yea, 80 is pretty slow on 35, haha

people seem to do 85-90 all the time but i feel uneasy going that much over the PSL