Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Refurb owner here!

Hi everyone. I just want to introduce myself to this forum. I just received my Valentine 1 today. I love the arrows so far.

Can anyone direct me to program my V1 for So Cal area?

Thank you.

Yoda of Radar

First off, know that while RD's are legal in California, sticking anything to the inside of your windshield is not. There is no way a LEO would give anyone a ticket for a notepad or GPS stuck to the windshield, but they would love to give someone a ticket for a RD. Second, X off. It is not used anywhere in Cali. Ka 34.7 and laser are the only things that CHP uses. Infiniti's, Lexus's and BMW's will give false laser alerts, so be aware of them and high end Mercedes's(S500, S550, S600. etc...) will give off false K band alerts when their radar guided cruise controls are on. Anything alse, we probably need to know more about your driving habits and location. Maybe your city(s) is somewhere on this list:
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

Yoda of Radar

What's with the rabbit name obsession lately? Anyway welcome to the board. Great choice going with v1. Did you think it was new? I got a refurb and swear it was.

Radar Fanatic

I've noticed the rabbit thing to. It's always nice having a rabbit with a V1!

The rabbit in the moon came from a band that I like from Florida. I use their name when I can't think of a user name

the only place I would be able to mount the RD legally in California is on a visor?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitInTheMoon
    The rabbit in the moon came from a band that I like from Florida. I use their name when I can't think of a user name

the only place I would be able to mount the RD legally in California is on a visor?
    That or some contraption designed to place the detector in the same spot while not actually attaching it to the windshield. This is one of the many reasons why I prefer remote mounted RD's over windshield mounted ones. Wondering if the LEO that I am driving next to will notice my 9500i mounted behind the Mustang's dots is annoying. That's why I own the SRX and am about to own the 9500ci.

Professional

beat me to the windshield thing. my buddy got stopped and warned the other day.

welcome to the forum and a v1 way of life....it will never be the same... 8)

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80

That or some contraption designed to place the detector in the same spot while not actually attaching it to the windshield. This is one of the many reasons why I prefer remote mounted RD's over windshield mounted ones. Wondering if the LEO that I am driving next to will notice my 9500i mounted behind the Mustang's dots is annoying. That's why I own the SRX and am about to own the 9500ci.
    actually the way the law it written, they can get you for any obstruction to the windshield. so technically you cant have anything stuck to the windshield, but cant have anything blocking it either

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer84_03

actually the way the law it written, they can get you for any obstruction to the windshield. so technically you cant have anything stuck to the windshield, but cant have anything blocking it either
    My 9500i is behind my Mustang's dots, but I'm sure a LEO would invent some way to cite me for it.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer84_03

My 9500i is behind my Mustang's dots, but I'm sure a LEO would invent some way to cite me for it.
    guarenteed. even though vision through that part of ws is already blocked. they are going to say it could fall and become an obstruction