It's finally done! Been working on this since winter break, got the biggest parts done this weekend and just some minor details to work out. Here are some pictures for anyone considering the Valentine One or the Escort SR7.
In case you couldn't find everything:
- V1 = Green at top of windshield
- SR7 radar = Yellow behind PS kidney grill 3M exterior tape w/ a zip tie for safety
- SR7 laser receiver = Red on either side of license plate 3M exterior tape w/ zip ties for safety
- SR7 laser receiver on rear license plate Mounted on top of license plate frame, with wiring running behind the plate.
- This is what took the longest time. To start off with, I painted the odometer bezel black. It has the V1 concealed display flush mounted in the odometer bezel with the mute button deleted. For the SR7, I removed the LED display screen and attached a cord to it (see here instructions: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/escort/20153-custom-installed-remote-escort-nsx.html). I then made a custom box for the SR7 on the left side of the right side of the odometer bezel. I also included a couple construction pics.
- The main valentine unit it mount up behind the grill on a custom mount. I took off the suction cups, and super glued 3M dual lock tape, so it attached right below my I-PASS. Its mounted perfectly behind the mirror so I cannot even see it when I am driving
- Also on the interior I have installed a remote audio adapter for the Valentine One. Its installed in the switch bezel for the tc and door lock buttons (little dirty)
- Just installed 4/19, a kill switch panel for the SR7 and the V1. The red button is also a mute switch for the SR7.
- Complete interior shot
- Complete wiring schematic.