Default New V1 arrived today.

Now, I'm off to the search function to figure out how to run this thing.

Any simple tutorials or general threads about how many people set theirs up--custom modes or just the preprogrammed A, L, l modes?

Any state specific setups (I'm in Michigan)?

Signed,

Newbie who hasn't had a RD for 20 years.

Speed Demon

Default Re: New V1 arrived today.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheAir
    Now, I'm off to the search function to figure out how to run this thing.

Any simple tutorials or general threads about how many people set theirs up--custom modes or just the preprogrammed A, L, l modes?

Signed,

Newbie who hasn't had a RD for 20 years.
    You can always run it like a Ronco. "set it and forget it". Here is the only thing you need to program your V1 should you choose to.

http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

It looks confusing, but once you start reading it and playing with the settings, it's not bad at all. If you live in an area that has alot of k or x band door openers, you may consider programming your V1. If X band isn't used, turn it off. Most people on here like to set their V1's to mute k band until higher than 4 leds and 30 seconds. This basically means that the V1 will mute all k band signals until either 5 led's or 30 seconds, whichever comes first. This dramatically quiets the V1 down. If you keep it in logic mode which is the small L, you will still see the alert and you can adjust the mute volume knob to your desired setting. In advanced logic mode which is Big L, you will not see or hear the alert until after 4 leds or 30 seconds. That could be a little risky.

Virion -

I have to say that your post has cleared up a bunch of questions I had. Thanks for an informative and succinct explanation.

One last things. Days ago when I was perusing this site, I found a link to a thread that listed the radars used by state and city. However, I can't seem to find it again. Do you know where it is?

Thanks again.

Professional

What your looking for is in this sub forum

http://www.radardetector.net/viewforum.php?f=14

Thanks.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by InTheAir
    Welcome my fellow Michigander... I'm quite new at this stuff as well; but from what I've read on here and experienced, I turned X band off. I had lots of K & Ka hits as well as some laser. I'm in the Metamora/Oxford area... M-24 at the Oakland/Lapeer county line and again just south of I-69, the Lapeer County boys like to sit and shoot laser, so watch out if you are in that area. Happy motoring!

TYM2FLY -

Thanks for the welcome.

I was just looking at the listing for MI and was thinking about turning off X. I got a number of automatic door hits tonight on my way home from work (partly on M59 and 75), although I was also on A mode.

After a few days, I'll give it a try in lower L mode and also try turning X off (in steps).

Thanks.

p.s. Saw two police on my way home, but neither had anything on. Bummer.

Professional

I used to live in MI...smack in da middle - Clare. Moved to Texas in July of last year.

Turn of X...you won't need it unless you drive in the U.P. Run in A mode with X off and you're set...