Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default 1/2 mile detection from the rear EDIT: 1.5 mile detection

on the way to work today, had a few small blips on k. keep going down the hwy, come around a curve and bam full strength from a state leo comming striaght at me. he was running about 1/2 mile ahead of me with his front antenna on when he did a u-turn and headed on the other side of the hwy. i was absolutely amazed that i picked up his front radar from that distance. this v1 is just awesome

EDIT: i took the same route to work today and found that it was actually 1.5 miles, not .5 miles. i had looked at my odometer wrong. its even more powerful than i originally thought!

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: 1/2 mile detection from the rear

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer84_03
    this v1 is just awesome
    X2

Power User

Default Re: 1/2 mile detection from the rear

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer84_03
    this v1 is just awesome
    X2
    X3

Professional

C-C-C-C-C-C-OMBO BREAKER!!!

Newcomer

X4

I had a similar occurence myself today, taking my little girl to school I entered the freeway and immediately started getting KA 2 bars, but, I still couldnt see him yet? I continued on, our exit was 4 exits ahead. we finally got to our exit and STILL hadn't seen him, funny thing was when we got off the freeway offramp there was a HWY patrol car facing forward on the on-ramp. I am not sure if this was the one I was picking up or if there was another one up ahead of our exit? but, If it was, that was over 2 1/2miles ahead of me... now thats some sensitivity!
    Could I have been picking him up like that? or, do we collectively believe it had to have been someone else??

Professional

editited the top post...re read

Professional

Longest range I ever had on Ka was a 2.5 miles and was picking it up at full strength for the final 1 mile. Midland, MI - US10 Fwy.

On K band, traveling north on M115 in MI (Cadillac area), I topped a hill one time and started picking up K band. Then I went down the hill and it went away. Topped another hill about a mile and a half later and picked it up again. To make a long story short, county LEO was sitting on top of another hill about 5 miles from my FIRST alert. But, he was on a hill, and I was on a hill...this was a special situation and not your typical encounter. Still cool nonetheless.

Professional

that is sweet. this occurrence for me, the leo was traveling in the same lane as me with k band CO from the front, and i picked it up from behind!

Professional

I lived in MI up until July of last year...

MI Staties K band ROCKS. :twisted: You can usually pick that up pretty good. I did have an experience similar to yours where the LEO was around the curve about a mile up the road and I picked it up fine...only he wasn't relying on radar, he was outside using Laser, left his K-band on hehe

The cars that have Ka band usually seem to be ran at pretty low power, but every once in a while you'll get a trooper with Ka that runs it at high power.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Arvetus
    I lived in MI up until July of last year...

MI Staties K band ROCKS. :twisted: You can usually pick that up pretty good. I did have an experience similar to yours where the LEO was around the curve about a mile up the road and I picked it up fine...only he wasn't relying on radar, he was outside using Laser, left his K-band on hehe

The cars that have Ka band usually seem to be ran at pretty low power, but every once in a while you'll get a trooper with Ka that runs it at high power.
    I thought the story of an adjustable power radar gun was a myth?