Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to v1...

Newcomer

Default new to v1...

Hi, just purchased a (returned) open box V1 from Valentine for 10% off and can't wait to put into my G35.

Quesiton is, does anyone here ever purchased a (open box) V1 before and did you ever experience any problems with them?

Another question is, I'm currently living in central NJ and does mostly highway and suburb driving, anyone here from NJ who can share their mode setting on their V1. And does NJ state trooper use laser to detect car speed?

thanks for your comments.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: new to v1...

Quote Originally Posted by blueshirts0819
    Hi, just purchased a (returned) open box V1 from Valentine for 10% off and can't wait to put into my G35.

Quesiton is, does anyone here ever purchased a (open box) V1 before and did you ever experience any problems with them?

Another question is, I'm currently living in central NJ and does mostly highway and suburb driving, anyone here from NJ who can share their mode setting on their V1. And does NJ state trooper use laser to detect car speed?

Here is a list of New Jersey(most states really) radar bands and such:
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...t=5200&start=0

Advanced Member

I haven't heard of many problems with "open box" V1's...

According to the user-submitted info in the "Speed Trap Info" section, people have reported the use of the LTI Ultralye & LTI Marksman laser guns in New Jersey.

You've definitely got a good detector for use in NJ, since they still use X-Band and the V1 is certainly king of that.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    I haven't heard of many problems with "open box" V1's...

According to the user-submitted info in the "Speed Trap Info" section, people have reported the use of the LTI Ultralye & LTI Marksman laser guns in New Jersey.

You've definitely got a good detector for use in NJ, since they still use X-Band and the V1 is certainly king of that.
    A few days ago I got a 1 mile alert on Instant on X over a bridge.

Radar Fanatic

I'm currently using the Little L mode with a 30 second/6 light K-Band automute. And POP off.

Yoda of Radar

I got mine that way, I swear it was new....... 8)

Professional

most people on here actually want to get a refurb to save some cash. but enjoy life with v1 peace of mind!

Professional

I got one for the wife that was a refurb and no problems...just like new!

Speed Demon

Id buy new, $30.00's more in price isnt going to break any of us, were already spending over 350.00

Newcomer

thanks for all the feedback. The detector should be in tomorrow and can't wait to try it. This site is probably going to be my detector questions go to site for a while. Thanks everyone.