Default Power, but no alerts - help?!

New to forum after visiting for a long time.

I've owned a V1 with remote audio and display for about 5 years. It's been in two cars and I just moved it to the third. It has always performed flawlessly.

I have a 2001 5-series and I went with a stealth install. I've mounted the head unit in the center rear headrest and the audio unit in the small storage bin in the center console. I will be temporarily mounting the remote display atop the steering column until my StealthOne unit arrives in a month or so.

I worked on the installation today and got everything working. Or so I seemed... I have start-up sound (test sequence) and the remote display also goes through the standard test and will allow you to cycle through the modes. Everything looks fine.

I went for a test drive. Quiet. Eerily quiet. I finally went and parked in front of the grocery store with the automatic doors. Nothing. I never heard one solitary beep on my entire "in-town" drive.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any information regarding a full reset with the V1? I'm befuddled.

Thanks in advance.

Power User
    South Florida

1. Check your your make to see if you have a athermic windshield or some crap like that that may be a cause of your problem.

2. Test your V1 in another car to see if it alerts, hell hang it out the window.

3. If it works than the V1 is fine, if not, perhaps a wiring fault... or send it in.

Interestingly, the detector started working yesterday. I am so gun-shy now. Does anyone know if Valentine will simply evaluate a unit for proper operation at no charge?

Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Lufkin, TX

Usually, if you're the original owner, it's no charge. Call them and and see. I sent mine in with a letter stating if they needed to perform repairs, to call me and I will give them my credit card over the phone.

They replaced a board in mine for free...

If they do charge you, it's usually not over $40 or $45, unless they need to do a massive overhaul. You may just have a transistor out or something...