Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Big L / little l question

I've read somewhere on here that when you use big/little L mode ( can't remember whitch one ) that all X band alerts will be muted automatically unless the signals are very strong. Is there a mode to do this with K band as well? If so, I'm deffinatley going to choose the V1 over the 9500i.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Big L / little l question

Quote Originally Posted by dodgesrt4driver
    I've read somewhere on here that when you use big/little L mode ( can't remember whitch one ) that all X band alerts will be muted automatically unless the signals are very strong. Is there a mode to do this with K band as well? If so, I'm deffinatley going to choose the V1 over the 9500i.
    -Go to wwwValentine1.com
    -Click on "MORE INFO"
    -Click "Download V1 Owner's Manual"

Read.

Questions answered.

Power User

Also see the stickies in this forum about programming K-band automute.

Power User

When you mute K band, you also mute X band. There is no auto mute programing for X band in the programing instructions only K band. The manual does not have the programing instructions for auto mute feature. You have to go to V1's website to find it. :cry:

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by noTe

-Go to wwwValentine1.com
    -Click on "MORE INFO"
    -Click "Download V1 Owner's Manual"
    Read.
    Questions answered.
    Just a little correction. Programing for the V1 in not in the owners manual. So the questions are not answered. Just messing with you noTe. :wink:

Professional

Assuming you need X band enabled... Use little L. You will get X band alerts at a muted volume to 4 LEDS. Then you can do a 7 down and G down for your K band. Always do a J down (POP off).

Look here...

http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

There is a lot of programming you can do to get the Valentine One less intrusive. Make your programing changes and switch between A and little L. That is what I do. And it's great!

Old Timer

Where are u from? if u are from an Area where X is not used (pretty much everywhere but nj, ohio, lil bit of texas i think, and a lot of small towns around the USA prob. still use X) i would just turn it off and keep the v1 on A mode

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005
    Where are u from? if u are from an Area where X is not used (pretty much everywhere but nj, ohio, lil bit of texas i think, and a lot of small towns around the USA prob. still use X) i would just turn it off and keep the v1 on A mode
    I'm from south carolina, and I will be turning X band off as I've confirmed with my current RD that it is not used. Police K band is in use for my area though and there's alot of K band falses in my area so I was hoping I could re-program the V1 so it only alerts to strong K band signals.
    Looks like that stick up there has pretty much covered it though...

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005
    I'm from south carolina, and I will be turning X band off as I've confirmed with my current RD that it is not used. Police K band is in use for my area though and there's alot of K band falses in my area so I was hoping I could re-program the V1 so it only alerts to strong K band signals.
    Looks like that stick up there has pretty much covered it though...
    Where in South Carolina? I spent 2003-2004 outside of Greenville, and I can tell you that X-band most certainly was used in upstate SC/NC as of May 2004. Long time ago, yeah, but if I've seen confirmed X hits in an area, I don't turn X off unless I hear from a reputable source that X is no longer in use.

Always do a J down (POP off).
    I understand this will stop alot of K and Ka falses, but how safe is this? Is pop really a threat? I keep both X and POP enabled because I travel the across the U.S. constantly from coast to coast.