Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by carnut08
    I recognize the C6 Corvette installation and It's unlikely that the location will work well. There's too much clutter in front. Take a look at the Great Lakes Visor mount or just use the visor mount that came with your unit. Here's a suggestion for the remote:
    Sorry to be off topic bu: was your car on a dyno when that photo was taken? Or were you in second gear?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by F=MA
    I recognize the C6 Corvette installation and It's unlikely that the location will work well. There's too much clutter in front. Take a look at the Great Lakes Visor mount or just use the visor mount that came with your unit. Here's a suggestion for the remote:
    Sorry to be off topic bu: was your car on a dyno when that photo was taken? Or were you in second gear?
    I wondered when or if that question would ever get asked.

The picture was taken just after installing the V1 remote while the car was sitting in my garage!

I have an aftermarket chip that allows me to do things like roll the windows down as I approach the black car in the heat. One of its features is to remember the highest speed and the highest RPM since it was last reset. This was the first time I had tried the feature and after I read the fine print it only reads to 100 mph and then has to give a second reading starting at zero for any speeds over 100 mph. The tach reading and the speedo reading came from different points in time. Strange.

Power User

Default OK, Now Critique This One

I recognize the C6 Corvette installation and It's unlikely that the location will work well. There's too much clutter in front. Take a look at the Great Lakes Visor mount or just use the visor mount that came with your unit.
    OK, I ordered the visor mount from Great Lakes. It works well, but the V1 still hangs slightly crookedly:

The rear end hangs lower than the front (i.e. it is pointed very slightly towards the sky). It also points slightly to the left.

Do you have the GL visor mount? If so, how did you overcome these minor issues? How much of a performance hit am I going to take until I can figure out a way to orient the V1 straight and level?

Good Citizen

Yes, I do have the GL Visor mount, but I prefer the mount that came with the V1 and that's what I'm using. Many C6 owners swear by the GL mount, so it must have something going for it. It looks like yours could benefit from removing it and bending it a bit to correct for the twist and to level it.

The trick I discovered when using the V1 visor mount is to clip from the front of the visor as shown below. You can level the unit by lowering the visor slightly. You can see a rolled up piece of black velcro above the visor in my photo. I use that to keep the visor in place.

Power User

Yes, I do have the GL Visor mount, but I prefer the mount that came with the V1 and that's what I'm using. Many C6 owners swear by the GL mount, so it must have something going for it. It looks like yours could benefit from removing it and bending it a bit to correct for the twist and to level it.
    That's what I ended up doing. I may futz with it a little more to get it lined up more precisely along the center axis of the car, but at least it's hanging level now.

The trick I discovered when using the V1 visor mount is to clip from the front of the visor as shown below. You can level the unit by lowering the visor slightly. You can see a rolled up piece of black velcro above the visor in my photo. I use that to keep the visor in place.
    Well, I always clip from the front of the visor, but I abandoned that approach because I could never get the visor to stay level, and (mostly) because when my wife rides in the car she must have a functional sun visor and mirror!

That velcro trick is pretty clever!

Speedtrap Crasher

You have a remote display and an external speaker for that set up right??
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Power User

Remote display: yes.
    Remote speaker: possibly, but right now there doesn't appear to be a need. I can hear the V1's built-in speaker just fine.

Speedtrap Crasher

Quote Originally Posted by swarga
    Remote display: yes.
    Remote speaker: possibly, but right now there doesn't appear to be a need. I can hear the V1's built-in speaker just fine.
    good, the remote display is a must in that configuration.

Your call on the external speaker but one of my two "failures" was because my stereo was too loud and I missed the alert. I added an external speaker the next day.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by swarga
    Well, I always clip from the front of the visor, but I abandoned that approach because I could never get the visor to stay level, and (mostly) because when my wife rides in the car she must have a functional sun visor and mirror!

That velcro trick is pretty clever!
    10-4 on the functional mirror bit! My wife's gotten used to the visor mount idea because all our vehicles are set up that way. She appreciates the V1 too, so she deals with it pretty well.

Your GL mount looks great after the adjustment. Oddly enough mine came with a screw that was too big for the hole where it's designed to be mounted. Because I had already trained my wife to the visor mount I never bothered to replace the screw. I might give that a try after all. Cheers!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    Your call on the external speaker but one of my two "failures" was because my stereo was too loud and I missed the alert. I added an external speaker the next day.
    Too bad there isn't a way for the V1 to mute the stereo when there is an alert, similar to the way the nav system does when it announces an upcoming turn. :wink: