Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Default Has the J bug been fixed?

I am running 3.826 software. Yesterday yet again I had a KA hit get J'd out....saw the trooper on the side of the road.

My 4 real world J outs have all worked the same....one quick brap followed my an immeidiate ramp up very quickly like a BEL product would then "J".......

Power User

(1) I'm not convinced that the J-out and the cop are related events. Though they may be.

(2) Aside from all of that, later revisions of the V1 are said "address" this junk-out problem. I've not yet encountered a legit junkout on my 3.863. It might not be a bad idea to upgrade

Yoda of Radar

Cool....I think you are right J...thanks

Power User

If the signal is reflected in an odd way the V1 may interpret as a junk. Its not really a bug, though the V1 probably would be better off with out this feature causing worry.

It still happens, but after the fact, the user has already confirmed the source.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    If the signal is reflected in an odd way the V1 may interpret as a junk. Its not really a bug, though the V1 probably would be better off with out this feature causing worry
    I kind of disagree. I do think the J-guard should be configurable in programming mode, but I don't think that this feature is useless. I think it's a good tradeoff of false alert reduction to false false alert risk.

Professional

I've had several Ka alerts that were real LEOs and none of them have been J'd out. The only J alert that I have seen was when a Cobra came flying around the corner on my way home. Confirmed false.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    I do think the J-guard should be configurable in programming mode, but I don't think that this feature is useless.
    i think turning ka-false guard off disables J

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jabomb9
    I've had several Ka alerts that were real LEOs and none of them have been J'd out. The only J alert that I have seen was when a Cobra came flying around the corner on my way home. Confirmed false.
    Oh yea Jabomb9. I've had the same thing happen to me. I believe I have confirmed three times my V1 successfully locking out a leaky detector. Or what I mean by this, is getting a Ka alert, then Junked out, then I visually see a radar detector (all three times was a Cobra) on a windscreen of a car behind/infront of me in accordance to the arrow that lit up on the V1.

It's kind of exciting possessing a RD that turns into a Trashy RD Finder once in a while. Gives me a chance to add to my tally of Cobra users pointing their RD towards the sky in hopes of finding flying cop cars. And you bet ya, not one yet have I found to be positioned level... Not once... Oh, well, there's an exception. When I was using my ESD, I at least was smart enough to mount it level.

Power User

I kind of disagree. I do think the J-guard should be configurable in programming mode, but I don't think that this feature is useless. I think it's a good tradeoff of false alert reduction to false false alert risk.
    I agree, allow it to be selectable by the user.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeX50
    I do think the J-guard should be configurable in programming mode, but I don't think that this feature is useless.
    I that was true,

...the V1 ends up falsing on itself with it off.

Ka guard must be on inorder for it to be quiet

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeX50
    It also disables all Ka harmonics and pulse guard checking. That's like saying unplugging the Bel express 795 turns off laser detection.