Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Where can i buy a new V1?

I am a poor student and i want to know where i can get a new v1 for the best price.Also i want the place to be safe whereever i buy my v1. I know Valentines website sells them for $399 with all those asserories. Anywhere else and what is the total price you bought yours for.

Advanced Member

You can only get a V1 directly from Valentine Research, there are NO authorized retailers.

The only way to really get a break on a V1 is to call them up and get a "returned unit" for 10% off. You might have to wait on a list if they don't have any.

Professional

jimbonzzz

I want to know is it worth the money. I cant decide between blinder m20 or a valentine 1. I have veil and with V1's laser detection do think that would be good enough?

Lead Foot

Looking at your signature you already own a Bel Rx 65
    .. I would buy a Blinder before the V1 because you already have a good detector, it is now time for a Jammer :twisted:

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    jimbonzzz

I want to know is it worth the money. I cant decide between blinder m20 or a valentine 1. I have veil and with V1's laser detection do think that would be good enough?
    The V1 is definitely worth the money.
    But in Texas, I hear there is a lot of laser being used. a V1 + VEIL might give you good protection at target distances over 500 feet or so (depending on the vehicle), but in Texas I would want a laser jammer for sure.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Where can i buy a new V1?

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    I am a poor student and i want to know where i can get a new v1 for the best price.Also i want the place to be safe whereever i buy my v1. I know Valentines website sells them for $399 with all those asserories. Anywhere else and what is the total price you bought yours for.
    You are bettter off getting a jammer with the money since you have 2 other great detectors...

but you can get V1 from Valentine for $360 i believe

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Old Timer

I would trust a V1 + Veil, but if you want to save some money and shop smart, keep the detector you got and buy a blinder.

Lead Foot

The Blinder would be a good choice especially given all the laser being used in Texas. Outrun has several videos showing laser hits in Texas. The V1 is a lot of money and a dead-on laser hit even with Veil at the right distance is deadly. The V1 would just be telling you to pull over hide the detector and get your license and registration ready. The Blinder should jam long enough for you to slow down.

Good Citizen

Buy a Blinder now and you can upgrade to V1 later when you have more cashola.

V1 Zombie

take the bus and save save save