Good Citizen

Default remote mute for V1?

i'm considering the purchase of a new V1 for many reasons.

some things i hear are that it has better x-band range, the arrows are cool, and the bogey counter is great.

i also hear that it falses like a biznatch, doesnt have auto-mute, or a remote mute.

im SOOOO used to my X50's remote and auto-mute features that i just dont know if i could handle the V1....

BUT if there was a way i could make a remote mute im sure it would be alot easier to handle.

Radar Fanatic

I haven't done it yet but I'll give it a shot when the weather gets a little more reasonable. I can't handle any more car projects with all this heat and humidity!

Good Citizen

yeah it's BRUTAL... when you do it shoot me a PM with details, id really like to know how tough it was for you.

if i cant do this im NOT getting a V1 lol

Yoda of Radar

The V1 doesn't false any more than my RX 65 did!!!! Not to mention it's so much easier to figure out because of the arrows if it's a real threat or not.

Buy one, you won't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advanced Member

You make a very good point Dave!
    I see so many posts where people seem to believe that the only purpose of the arrows is to inform the user "where the cop is at". That is indeed part of it, but these people seem to be missing the whole picture.

The arrows are just one more piece of information that can be used in the driver's decision making process. They are very valuable for helping to identify false alerts, such as weak signals that quickly pass to the side, etc. Was the alert weak instant-on hitting traffic ahead, or simply a motion sensor at a nearby convenience store? The arrows can give you a very good indication of this.

Jim

Good Citizen

Exactly. Arrows are only there to help you.

Say there's a normal K band bank alarm (like in my area) that you drive by everyday. Say you're driving towards it and you get your normal false, Brap Brap.

With a normal detector you might shrug it off because you drive by it so often.

On day 42 of having your arrowless detector a cop is moving fast behind you and your V1 falses with Up Arrow for K on the bank, the cop has his gun on and is coming up quick, the B1 will throw you a Down Arrow and click over to "2" on the counter.

I think that's actually an example Mikey 'V has put on his website and the manual, but if not it should be.