Default Wireless connexion // Wifi ?

Hi to All

Was wondering if not exisiting a kind of wireless connexion for our V1. something like the bluetooth had been to our mobile phone .....

I saw th HARD system for motocycle but only giving a light, nothing more

Any info ?

Professional

no

Experienced

But it is really good idea. Cheetah uses 433 MHz in Cheetah Sentinel (detecting only 34,3 GHz in Ka band) connecting the remote antenna unit to control unit.

Newcomer

I was thinking of possibly making a BT version of my V1 USB adapter, but that would only work for connecting to a PC.

It seems like it would be pretty expensive to make one, and I am not too sure of the usefulness in a car, since the concealed display is most likely to be permanently mounted. On a motorcycle it makes sense since where you have it mounted (the helmet) shouldn't have a wire running to it.

Well of course the concealed display is a good option but where the RD is forbidden, we absolutly need to be the much more discret that we can, a concealed display can be seen by a police control but if your RD is well hidden and if you use a wireless connexion (this can be for the concelead display easy to hide or to take in your pocket or may be something like a kind of bluetooth) thenfore it gives all the interest as no one can know if it is a bluetooth or a wireless detector warning or can hide him easyly and quickly .....
    I know for most of you it has no sense but when you are living in some countries where it is strickly forbidden (ticket for having a RD is around 2000 USD) then it makes sense but probably the market is not enought important for sure.
    This is the same with Spectre and waiting for this wonderfull day where we can defeat it ...

The connection to a car PC is a very good step and idea.

By the way if someone is building a such thing I would be very interested

Newcomer

Check out this thread here http://www.radardetector.net/Announc...uter-3507t.php

I could see maybe a bluetooth "pager" that vibrates differently depending on the type of alert which sits in your pocket.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by zPilott
    I could see maybe a bluetooth "pager" that vibrates differently depending on the type of alert which sits in your pocket.
    How about embedding to detector´s interface to mobile phone. Making the software for Symbian phones or PDAs with Pocket PC could be quite easy??.

Install the detector (receiver) in car´s front (inside bumber) and it connects with BT to Your phone ...

Well let me tell you that any wireless warning for the V1 would sounds great as what is important is that in few seconds we can take the "tool" and put in into our pocket ...

Just an idea which can interest some guy lioke the car wiring indeed

It is always nice to see involved personns to move the things !!! GREAT