Lead Foot

Default Logic mode quagmire

When shooting my 863 in A mode point blank with my Bushnell K gun, it reports as K band and sometimes has ghosting issues showing another Ka due to being overloaded, etc...however...when in big L mode, point blank with the Bushnell reports ONLY Ka band full strength...I have no K band filter settings in place so that's not the issue...any ideas what's going on? They say big L has no K filtering by default...buuuuut....

Thanks in advance!

Power User

Default Re: Logic mode quagmire

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0mizer
    When shooting my 863 in A mode point blank with my Bushnell K gun, it reports as K band and sometimes has ghosting issues showing another Ka due to being overloaded, etc...however...when in big L mode, point blank with the Bushnell reports ONLY Ka band full strength...I have no K band filter settings in place so that's not the issue...any ideas what's going on? They say big L has no K filtering by default...buuuuut....

Thanks in advance!
    Shooting a detector at point blank range can cause any detector to perform abnormally. When was the Bushnell last calibrated?

Step away from the V1 and pull the trigger 1 car length away.

Chances are nothing is wrong with your detector.

Professional

Thanks in advance!
    I have noticed that too, I am not sure why. Here is my post about band misdientification: http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...744&highlight=

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by amoney

Thanks in advance!
    Shooting a detector at point blank range can cause any detector to perform abnormally. When was the Bushnell last calibrated?

It's a sports radar gun, dunno if it can be easily calibrated lol. Even from across the room it reports as Ka only when in big L mode, but in A Mode from the same distance, it reports a strong, single K source to the rear as it should....very strange :/

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by amoney

Thanks in advance!

It's a sports radar gun, dunno if it can be easily calibrated lol. Even from across the room it reports as Ka only when in big L mode, but in A Mode from the same distance, it reports a strong, single K source to the rear as it should....very strange :/

Well shyt. Perhaps it can still be a reason from the gun, dunno.

Experienced

The professor has a software program you can download from his sig. I noticed my bushnell to be within +/- 1 mph to determine if it is displaying the right speeds.

Power User

I own a Valentine One with 3.826 firmware and if I turn it off then turn it on in front of multiple K band door openers, it will sometimes show one Ka alert for a second or two with the K band falses and then the Ka will disappear while the K band alerts will remain.

I believe that the Valentine One will briefly mix up K and Ka bands depending on if you are way too close to the source of radar or if the V1 has just been turned on so it is warming up.