Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Trade an Rx65(+50/60$) for a new V1 with Pop2 and Euro Mode?

hi guys...

i have just the last version of RX65...i must pay other 50-60$ + rx65 for a Valentine 1 last version..what do you think?

it's a good deal?

And...
    I tried my rx65 mounted high or low vs an LTI Ultralyte telelaser and i have NO WARNING.

i wanted to pass to a valentine one...
    but in italy there isn't reseller and the only way to buy is ebay...

the problem is...
    there's a lot of v.1.7 and v.1.8 without euro mode about 300-400$...

for me...is it a must for an italian guy the euro mode?
    any opinion?
    A Summary of italian situation:

Radar Used:
    - Bosch Traffiphot
    - Bosch Traffipax Speedophot
    - Multanova

Lidar Used:
    - Laser Technology Inc. "LTI-2020 Ultralyte"
    - "LTI-2020"

Optical Used (photoelectric cells):
    - Autovelox 104 http://www.sodi.com/enter_ita.asp
    - Autovelox 105 SE
    - Velomatic 512 http://www.eltraff.it

Principle of operation (instrumentation to photoelectric cells)

1) When the snout of the vehicle exceeds the first photoelectric cell begins the measurement of the speed.
    2) When the snout of the vehicle exceeds the second photoelectric cell finishes the measurement of the speed, and begins the measurement of the length of the vehicle.
    3) When the tail of the vehicle exceeds the second photoelectric cell finishes the measurement of the length of the vehicle, calculated based on the found speed to the point 2).

Experienced

The main problem is that...the instrumentation to photoelectric cells is undetectable if they disable the radio communication of the velox.

The only method is hope that photoblocker works..and to use a Tomtom navigator with the Point Of Interest of Autovelox Updated...

My question is that...is so better V1 vs Rx65 for lidar and radar detection?

Good Citizen

Lod, first you would be getting a great deal for the V1 condsidering you can pick up a RX65 for around $300. 300+50 = 350. New V1 = 400. Great deal.

Secondly, the V1 has the Best lidar reception available. I am not familiar with photo radar in other countries, but I would say the RX65 would do a good job at detecting it, probaby as good or better than the V1. If radar is your main issue, stick with the RX65. If Lidar detection is important, get a jammer instead of spending more money for another radar detector.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Beeej259
    Lod, first you would be getting a great deal for the V1 condsidering you can pick up a RX65 for around $300. 300+50 = 350. New V1 = 400. Great deal.

Secondly, the V1 has the Best lidar reception available. I am not familiar with photo radar in other countries, but I would say the RX65 would do a good job at detecting it, probaby as good or better than the V1. If radar is your main issue, stick with the RX65. If Lidar detection is important, get a jammer instead of spending more money for another radar detector.
    probably i'll get also a anti-laser

Ciao LOD,

Laser Jammer is strickly forbidden over here, and when you are jamming our laser it is appearing: JAM ...... indicating that there is a problem .... thenfore probably you will have a police car visit to check ....
    Active laser contermeasrer is not a solution in my opinion.

Would be fantastic to have simply a tool to absorb x % of the laser and geting back a lower speed than in real but not exisiting at all

A simple opinion

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by fred france
    Ciao LOD,

Laser Jammer is strickly forbidden over here, and when you are jamming our laser it is appearing: JAM ...... indicating that there is a problem .... thenfore probably you will have a police car visit to check ....
    Active laser contermeasrer is not a solution in my opinion.

Would be fantastic to have simply a tool to absorb x % of the laser and geting back a lower speed than in real but not exisiting at all

A simple opinion

try to use veil!

Well VEIL just reduce the limit of the laser pick up .... not giving a false speed to the laser detector (lower of course)

I do not thing Veil would be good here as our policeman pick up everywhere it is possible ..... not onky plates but can help

Good Citizen

Police will aim first at the plate, veil will give you time to slow down. It the cop can't get a reading, he will shoot the gun elsewhere, but by then you should have had time to slow down with the V1

Good info, by the way I have already ordered Veil here ....

A good thing would be a radar laser jammer giving information to police that you are driving at 90 kph instead of 120 ..... would be good jammer this one LOL

Good Citizen

no, then the cop will KNOW you are jamming him. Better off blanking the gun. the blinder won't give JAMMED on teh gun, it will give E04 which means not enough information.