Radar Fanatic

Default DECIDED TO BREAKDOWN AND BUY A V1

OK..I was sold on beltronics products as my signature indicates but I've decided if I'm going to spend $400 for rd I might as well get the one everyone says is the best. My only question is what can I expect as far as false alerts compared to the Beltronics detectors. I just hate a rd that goes of every 2 min because of a false. Will I get alot of K falses? I'm not worried about X because I'll turn it off because they don't use it in Florida.

Old Timer

When I travel out of NJ and get to turn X off the v1 is very quiet...yea you might get some K band falses but on my STi i pick up the same K band...you can mod you v1 to have the auto mute from behind k band..(there are so many options for that)..also the arrows and overall sensitivity will far outweigh the falses you may get..plus the bogey counter counter is great..not to mention the laser ability..im a zombie

Professional

with auto mute setting it will be OK, but it is a problem if k cops are heavy in your area. better to run on A even with a lot of door openers. get used to it.

Power User

The V1 is *EXTREMELY* (unfathomably) sensitive on K-band. Trust me, it'll blow your mind what kind of circumstances your detector can pick up K-band signals.

However, at the same time, the V1's signal strength indication is more accurate than any other detector you've used. Putting those two together, it should be simple for you to determine when a radar beep is just a door opener at the mall 2 blocks down, or a cop running moving radar coming down your way. (At times on my Whistler XTR-690 I swear its lowest detected level of K-band corresponds to 6 LEDs on the V1!)

To reduce the annoyance of lower-strength alerts, you may configure K-band automuting to play weak K-band alerts at a lower audio volume.

Radar Fanatic

When I had my STi Driver it was just as noisy as the V1. The V1 just stays noisy longer... :wink:

Radar Fanatic

Sorry to break hearts but right after I ordered and posted this thread I began looking at the GOL site and decided to cancel order and bought a 9500i. I liked the V1 arrows but noticed the 9500i wasnt far behind the V1 and I like the no falses due to the gps of the 9500i....Sorry to upset anyone!

Good Citizen

your not upsetting us, just don't forget that V1 has that sensitivity front and back, the 9500i is great front..but it ends once you go off axis to rear... did you look up the off axis tests?

either way, I'm sure it's more than enough for you enjoy!

Good Citizen

No worries. I was also torn between the V1 and 9500i for about a month before buying my first RD. I got the V1 and feel that it was a great decision as the V1 is good at setting the bar. Every RD battle always involves the V1 as a benchmark. But one day I would like to get the 9500i as well. I plan to turn it on and the V1 off when I have company in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy2288
    Sorry to break hearts but right after I ordered and posted this thread I began looking at the GOL site and decided to cancel order and bought a 9500i. I liked the V1 arrows but noticed the 9500i wasnt far behind the V1 and I like the no falses due to the gps of the 9500i....Sorry to upset anyone!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy2288

Not at all. Your feelings on false alerts indicates your perfectly suited for the 9500i. Personally, I feel the V1 is given a bum rap on false alerts. It's really not all that more than my m4 995 Vector. Aside from it indicating the number of sources on the bogey counter. To me, thats a plus.

I hope you find what it is that you are looking for.....I know I have.

Enjoy your 9500i.

Professional

Its cool man mhardy2288,

I hope you like the 9500i and I'm sure you know where all the known false alerts are so you can block them out on 9500i. Be very careful that Cops are not involved in that locations. Read the Manual!

If your concern on Ka Range as well as me than I would consider V1 far more than any other Radar Detectors since it rapidly growing in the USA as well as Laser.

Again, Enjoy your 9500i!