Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New V1 Owners

Professional

Default New V1 Owners

Owners of the new version V1 3.825, do ya have any regrets with yalls v1's. Anything dissapoint you? Was it worth the money?

Professional

IS version 3.325 bad on J out real alerts?

Newcomer

I should be getting my very 1st V1 on Tue. I also picked up a Cobra XRS 9300 today just to play with while waiting for the V1. I want to see if the V1 is at least 3X better than this cheapo RD :-) I don't see anybody in this group from SoCal. Is there anything special I should be watching out for driving in Kalifornia? Any input is appreciated. Cool site.

Experienced

I've had my V1 with the latest firmware version for two days now. I'm been driving around town yesterday and today, but haven't actually had any success finding any cops. :?

I also took a 30 mile trip today. The local grocery store showed two X-band falses, with a K-band false as well. I made a total of 3 passes and got identical results each time. I also drove past the county sheriff building and got a K-band hit. I'm running in "A" mode so that I can see everything and get an idea of what's going on. I haven't seen any "J" alerts yet.

I'm planning a trip to Salt Lake City in a couple of weeks and will be traveling up I-15. That should give me a chance to see what UHP and several county and local departments are using. I'll post if anything interesting happens.

This is my first RD, so I don't have much reference for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by edge540
    I should be getting my very 1st V1 on Tue. I also picked up a Cobra XRS 9300 today just to play with while waiting for the V1. I want to see if the V1 is at least 3X better than this cheapo RD :-) I don't see anybody in this group from SoCal. Is there anything special I should be watching out for driving in Kalifornia? Any input is appreciated. Cool site.
    I go to school in socal. Driving on the 60, I occasionally encouter a few cops leaving their radar on. However, many of them creep up from behind. I'd keep my eyes glued on the rear view mirror since you never know when one might pop up behind you.

Good Citizen

Love my V1. Had it for over a month now. Saved me a couple of times already. You won't regret it if you get one! Good luck.

Advanced Member

I just got a New V1.
    I just drove about 3000 miles through the USA on holidays.
    I am comparing it to my BEL 985.
    The V1 takes some getting used to. Different alerts etc.
    The ARROWS in my opnion take NO getting used to. They're Great especially at NIGHT.
    The detection capabilties of both are about the same.
    The V1 does "false" more, especially in "Built Up" areas, it can start driving you nuts. I find the BEL has better filtering.
    On the open highway the V1 ROCKS again becuase I personally love those arrows.
    Since the State Troopers seem to love sneak up from behind and ambush with instant on, the arrows are a blessing again especially at night.
    In 3000 miles I only had 2 J alerts both on Ka and some Laser alerts, real or not I can't say.
    I am keeping the V1, I ilke it. For Highway driving it's the "Ticket" (pardon the pun) for me.
    The Arrows feature for me anyway is worth the extra $100.00.... :wink:
    Also the windsheild mount on the V1 is Excellent....a pleasure to use.
    The BEL 985 is an Excellent Detector, I will keep it, but the V1 is special in it's own way.
    On the Highway is where it shines.
    In the City, it stumbles.

Longsnowsm

I've owned a V1 since 1997. I have done a few updates over the years(seems like every couple of years I do an update). I just did the 3.825 a few weeks ago. Have taken it on one cross country trip so far with the new firmware. So far I am pretty happy with my detector on the new firmware. I haven't seen the J problem others have yet. So for me it hasn't been a worry. I just bought my wife a new RD and it is a V1 as well. She just did a cross country trip also and hasn't had any problems. The V1 rocks with laser and saved her bacon in Ohio. Just an outstanding detector and highly recommended. Good luck with your detector search. There are several good choices out there if you stay with the top 3 RD's.

Drive safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm

Professional

I have decided im going to geta Blinder M20 from roy since he made me a deal. Then maybe V1 will have all the kinks out and i will buy one. That TIME WILL COME.

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    I have decided im going to geta Blinder M20 from roy since he made me a deal. Then maybe V1 will have all the kinks out and i will buy one. That TIME WILL COME.

Umm... what kinks? The V1 has been around for a LONG time, and folks have been using it successfully for as long.

I'm thinking that perhaps the issue is not the V1, but the user?