Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default V1 Saved me from court date!

I have had my V1 for about a year now I guess, and I love it!! Worth every penny. I was on my way home from work the other day when all of a sudden I get a laser alert. I was going about 120-125 kph having just entered a 70 zone, so I hit the brakes thinking that I was already toast. The detector went silent, and I couldn't see the cop anywhere when all of a sudden I was hit again.. this time I saw him. The first alert must have been from the cop targeting someone else, because I didn't get pulled over!! 50 over is an auto court date, a fine between 500-2000, and an increase of 25% on my insurance.. Just having that close call has made me slow down and keep an eye on my speed...I want to have my V1's baby.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by adamt35 View Post
    I have had my V1 for about a year now I guess, and I love it!! Worth every penny. I was on my way home from work the other day when all of a sudden I get a laser alert. I was going about 120-125 kph having just entered a 70 zone, so I hit the brakes thinking that I was already toast. The detector went silent, and I couldn't see the cop anywhere when all of a sudden I was hit again.. this time I saw him. The first alert must have been from the cop targeting someone else, because I didn't get pulled over!! 50 over is an auto court date, a fine between 500-2000, and an increase of 25% on my insurance.. Just having that close call has made me slow down and keep an eye on my speed...I want to have my V1's baby.
    haha whoa now! :P we all love our V1s haha but gotta draw the line somewhere

awesome save though, got hella lucky!

Good Citizen

With consequences such as that I would drive at the PSL...Agree the V1 is one of the better if not best out there!

It's the arrows!!!!

Old Timer

the arrows, rear antenna, ramp up, sensitivity, bogey counter..u just cant beat it..i have an STi and its a great RD...great range and i use it when i go to canada and i will when i go to VA..but i mean the features of a v1 are amazing and cannot be beat..period

Radar Fanatic

I want to have my V1's baby.
    My friend, I agree wholeheartedly.

Professional

Wow! 50 over and getting a Laser Alert is amazing. It's even harder than I/O Radar Gun. Got to be one of the best saves I've seen on here and its a Laser also.

Professional

There are some folks who would have you think a RD couldn't pick up scatter, and save you from a ticket, but there's been enough of these stories, usually involving a V1 to disprove that notion.

Power User

...I want to have my V1's baby.
    The Valentine One does have a rather large sensitive rear radar antenna that might allow entry and the arrows pointing and flashing at my organ would be a definite plus.*

*The above comment was made by a self-proclaimed V1 zombie and should be ignored by those that are offended and don't understand the usefulness of arrows and excellent laser detection.
    Last edited by <<JAZZY>>; 05-31-2008 at 01:33 PM.

Scratonicity Groupie

that's a great save. perhaps it's time to start looking into more of an active way to take care of the problem

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by <<JAZZY>> View Post
    The Valentine One does have a rather large sensitive rear radar antenna that might allow entry and the arrows pointing and flashing at my organ would be a definite plus.*

*The above comment was made by a self-proclaimed V1 zombie and should be ignored by those that are offended and don't understand the usefulness of arrows and excellent laser detection.