Experienced

Default Sheriffs using Ka in town

hey guys, the title pretty much says it all. i passed by a bike cop today hiding under a bridge, i thought i was screwed since i just heel-toe'd my downshift, and my car isn't that quiet. he didn't go after me, thank god. good thing he wasn't shooting radar a minute earlier too.. i was a bit above PSL.

as i passed him, V1 reports Ka 4-5 dots behind me.. so yeah, now i have to watch out for Ka in addition to K around town. just a heads up to everyone, not sure how many sheriffs will start using Ka in your town. best of luck to everyone!

oh by the way, this was in cupertino.

Professional

i have to watch out for Ka in addition to K around town. just a heads up to everyone, not sure how many sheriffs will start using Ka in your town. best of luck to everyone!

Uhh??? Sheriffs have been using Ka for quite long time in my town and it isn't big at all and revenues are very small.

Are you saying that Sheriffs are new to Ka?
    Last edited by An0nym0us; 06-05-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Sheriffs by me love Ka, I/O. The good thing is that I've only seen them shooting radar once in about...6 months.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by An0nym0us View Post
    Uhh??? Sheriffs have been using Ka for quite long time in my town and it isn't big at all and revenues are very small.

Are you saying that Sheriffs are new to Ka?
    the sheriffs in my town are? i never knew they used Ka, before all they used was K

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlesfan View Post
    Sheriffs by me love Ka, I/O. The good thing is that I've only seen them shooting radar once in about...6 months.
    yeah this was I/O too.. hella scary!

Experienced

Ka is probably one of the most popular bands used along side laser. As for California, It's Ka and Laser. I have heard of K but never X, and jammers are illegal so .

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    Ka is probably one of the most popular bands used along side laser. As for California, It's Ka and Laser. I have heard of K but never X, and jammers are illegal so .
    K is also used off the highway around my area

Sheriff's in my town were 100% K, however, all new units are Ka and one showed up this week. The state has a contract with Applied Concepts for Stalker Ka guns and the deal is that all local municipalities can get in on the deal. This is in Tennessee.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by dragonzsoul View Post
    K is also used off the highway around my area
    Weve got some over funded cops here in Folsom, they just added a dozen brand new BMW motorcycles to thier arsenal. About half are in chargers too.

Old Timer

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by raggededge View Post
    Sheriff's in my town were 100% K, however, all new units are Ka and one showed up this week. The state has a contract with Applied Concepts for Stalker Ka guns and the deal is that all local municipalities can get in on the deal. This is in Tennessee.
    hmm.. i wonder how many towns are switching to Ka?

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    Weve got some over funded cops here in Folsom, they just added a dozen brand new BMW motorcycles to thier arsenal. About half are in chargers too.
    over funded cops eh? that sucks.. i thought cops were using honda bikes now? the sheriffs around my town are