Power User

Default OK, This Counts as a Save

An easy one, but it still counts.

There's a certain transition ramp along my morning route that I like to take at 100+ MPH, just because I can. Anyway, coming off that ramp I started to catch a occasional faint blip of Ka. Now, I always get a couple of falses on that ramp because it flies directly over a small strip shopping center, but those are K band and they're usually blocked by the time I reach the end of the ramp. I looked around, but couldn't see anything. Meanwhile, the intensity is quickly ramping up. I know it's for real, but there's still no cop in sight. I had it hauled all the way down to 66 by the time I finally spotted him: a CHP tucked off to the right, nicely out of sight, vomiting Ka out of his rear antenna. Without Mike Valentine's fine contraption, I would have flown by this guy doing at least 90.

Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post
    An easy one, but it still counts.

There's a certain transition ramp along my morning route that I like to take at 100+ MPH, just because I can. Anyway, coming off that ramp I started to catch a occasional faint blip of Ka. Now, I always get a couple of falses on that ramp because it flies directly over a small strip shopping center, but those are K band and they're usually blocked by the time I reach the end of the ramp. I had it all the way down to 66 by the time I finally spotted him: a CHP tucked off to the right, nicely out of sight, vomiting Ka out of his rear antenna. Without Mike Valentine's fine contraption, I would have flown by this guy doing at least 90.

nice i got my first save early tonight, doing 60 in a 45, he was stuck at the redlight, pick him up at .86 or .90, not sure which one, but with 2 big hills.

Radar Fanatic

Sweet saves.