Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Almost Banned

Default Best place to pick up a V1 used?

Hey -

I'm probably going to grab a V1 in the near future.
    I'm not buying a new one, and would like to find it as cheap as possible.

1. Where's the best place to do so? Ebay/Craigslist?

2. What model do I need to get? i.e. - what's the latest update and do I need it or not?

thanks

Speed Demon

i'd say go with a new v1..

you going to sell your 9500i? where in new england you from?

Radar Fanatic

You are wasting your time. New is the best way to go with the V1. The resell on them is the best of any RD and the overseas market keeps they resell prices extremely high. I buy and sell a bit on Ebay and watch the prices alot.
    By the time you get it, ship it, then upgrade it, you could have the latest and greatest with full warranty.

Almost Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
    i'd say go with a new v1..

you going to sell your 9500i? where in new england you from?
    I don't know to be honest. I should have my brande new replacement tomorrow or Friday at the latest so I wouldnt sell it for much of a "discount". I live in RI also.

UGH - sitting here with my finger on the button to click "ORDER" for the new V1. $400 after already buying the 9500i is a bit much....plus I plan on picking up a new 3G iphone in a week or two.
    Last edited by RadarKid; 06-25-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Good Citizen

apparently you got the money to spend so its a non - issue

jj

Almost Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcivic25 View Post
    apparently you got the money to spend so its a non - issue

jj
    apparently not...I closed out of the order window before clicking the PURCHASE button. I can't do it that close to spending the dough on the 9500i, plus hardwire, plus I'm heading to Austin for a few days vaca in two weeks (car/tickets/hotel/etc), AND I plan on getting a iphone 3g. I can't do it all right now...it'll have to wait a little bit.

After my trip to Austin and I pick up my iphone I'll probably grab one new...then decide if I want the V1 or 9500i. Pisses me off that my 9500i is arriving Friday and theres a upgrade that I can't get now instead.

Lead Foot

I'd say try Craigs list, that's were I got mine. I got pretty much they're latest and greatest with the box and all the stuff it came with for 200.00 bucks. I Haggled a little bit (really because I didn't have the money) but if you wait I'm sure you'll eventually be able to find a deal if you stay on it and look around enough. I was extremely lucky and found a good deal. Why do you want a V1 if you already have a 9500i?

Almost Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Red Turbo Tegg View Post
    I'd say try Craigs list, that's were I got mine. I got pretty much they're latest and greatest with the box and all the stuff it came with for 200.00 bucks. I Haggled a little bit (really because I didn't have the money) but if you wait I'm sure you'll eventually be able to find a deal if you stay on it and look around enough. I was extremely lucky and found a good deal. Why do you want a V1 if you already have a 9500i?
    I'd like to try both and decide which I like better. I've had 2 occasions where TrueLock locked out LEOS. Two places, two separate days. You'll see in other posts the DIE HARD 9500i users accuse me of being the cause and no fault of the detector but I disagree.

Old Timer

ebay from private seller with all of the originals (box etc)

Professional

By the time you pay ebay prices for a used V1 you'd be better off buying direct from the factory for a new one.