I just picked up my V1 the day before yesterday, and I love it. There are a few things that I think it may be lacking, or could use improvement, and are things I considered or thought about before buying.
1) Voice alerts. I know a lot of people use it, and a lot of people don't, but it would be nice to have the option. I personaly would like to hear the voice alert, along with the chirping.
2) Arrows: Love the arrows, and it's probably not a big deal, but it would be nice to have the exact side the threat was on.
3) Very different audio tones for alerts, for those who don't want to use voice alerts.
4) Stealth: Complete stealth would be a great thing to have for our brothers who may live in an area were they are not free to know who's bouncing radar and laser off their vechicles.
5) Instead of having the dot next to the band light up, having the band itself light up would be useful in the dark, especially if more than one band was bieng picked up.
When I was looking into buying a detector, this is stuff that I was looking at and wieghing before I decided to purchase. To seasoned radar/laser vets, I'm sure this stuff is trival, but to someone who is new, I'm sure this type of things come into play. I myself, was debating do I want voice alerts, or do I want arrows?etc. That bieng said, I love the V1.