Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Experienced users only

"L" The ol Big L mode.

Should I keep my v1 in this mode if am to be traveling thru Ohio this weekend? or should I switch back to "A" mode. Also for those of you who use "L" what are your thoughts on it? All i know is when I come across an X band emitting source it scares the crap outta me when it goes from no alert to full on alert.ugh.

I have never traveled all the way up 75 in ohio... anything I should know about. I am going to Cedar Point for the weekend.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bear-Tweezy View Post
    "L" The ol Big L mode.

Should I keep my v1 in this mode if am to be traveling thru Ohio this weekend? or should I switch back to "A" mode. Also for those of you who use "L" what are your thoughts on it? All i know is when I come across an X band emitting source it scares the crap outta me when it goes from no alert to full on alert.ugh.

I have never traveled all the way up 75 in ohio... anything I should know about. I am going to Cedar Point for the weekend.
    You need to be in A Mode in Ohio.

State Troopers use I/O X band. Also, be expected to be hit by alot of laser. If you don't have a good laser jammer you might as well only do 5 over the PSL.
    Last edited by noTe; 06-26-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Radar Fanatic

I don't have the extensive local knowledge but my rule of thumb has always been A mode once I'm on the highway, the extra bogies usually aren't that bad and source identification is much easier on the linear highway. I've been lasered several times in passing through OH, esp up north if you're doing time on the toll road, so rabbits are that much more important.

Old Timer

A mode all day

Power User

Why does this take an "experienced user" to answer?

Ohio highways, you largely will encounter IO X, K, and laser... On the highway you should use A mode for maximum alertness and do NOT shrug off tiny blips of X or K as falses.... Ohio highway police are some of the most skilled selective IO targeters, and my drive through the state would've resulted in several tickets even with my V1... instant blast of IO, look over the median and there's an oncoming cop.

Don't go more than 5 over without a good rabbit ahead of you, and keep a close eye on traffic flow... they are less forgiving about 10-over speeders than other states.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    Why does this take an "experienced user" to answer?

I labeled it with experienced users only for the simple fact, i wanted info from people who havehad the v1 for awhile.... and because moot noob's always run in "A" mode. I have never been on the toll road b4 so this will be interesting. I have gone up to Cleveland twice(Labor Day and Memorial Day) and both times I saw a total of more than 40 cops patrolling (radar/laser) on the trips up and down. But never have had a ticket. Thank God. But my buddy is driving up in Mustang GT so we wanna make some decent time up there too.

Old Timer

The best thing u can seriously do is keep a good rabbit..watch police coming on on ramps...watch leos sneak up behind and i/o..esp at night....stay out of the left lane

Legal in 41 States

I shall be traveling through Ohio on A mode this weekend.

I am also stalking you!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by REBinc View Post
    I shall be traveling through Ohio on A mode this weekend.

I am also stalking you!
    where you going??? I will be looking for a tricked out GTO then lol... i will be in my buddys 2005 Mustang GT convertible....

Legal in 41 States

I will be all around Cleveland; Beechwood, Independence, Solon, University Heights, even downtown after sundown! I know, the last one is being very brave. If you're going to be close to any of those PM.

Also, my car isn't tricked out on the exterior, it's as stealth as a 400hp red coupe can be!
    Last edited by REBinc; 06-26-2008 at 10:48 PM.