Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Greatest Save Ever!

I was coming back from Sf going about 90-100mph. As i was about to pass three vehicles i saw a CHP off the right shoulder perpendicular to the fwy. No warning no alert nothing. As i passed him i was doing about 98. I was going so fast that i actually passed another car, while i took hand off the throttle and didnt touch the brake. My eyes were glued to the RVM and my foot downshifting. It was the longest 10 secs of my life. I was getting myself prepared for another ticket. As i got further away from the CHP my survival mode kicked in. And i down shifted and got back up to 90 to get as far away as possible. I dont know if the CHP officer was doing somthing else or had let me go. But this was the closest call of my life, i'm going to send my V1 tomorrow to get a tuneup just for peace of mind. Though it worked the entire trip.
    Last edited by bursthead; 06-30-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Old Timer

Perpendicular = Laser he may have been jc in his car and not payin attention....but u got lucky for sure...ur v1 is fine..he prob didnt shoot laser at all cuz if he was aiming it would be at u

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005 View Post
    Perpendicular = Laser he may have been jc in his car and not payin attention....but u got lucky for sure...ur v1 is fine..he prob didnt shoot laser at all cuz if he was aiming it would be at u
    I wish i wasnt freaking out at my speed, and glanced at him to see what he was doing..

Old Timer

wait were u on ur GSX-R600?

Newcomer

wait were u on ur GSX-R600?
    ya

Lol i should edit my post..

Old Timer

yea well he prob was like F it cuz he wasnt gonna catch a bike...and if he tried it be dangerous if u tried to flee..idk wat the rules are in cali but to chase after a bike is risky..One day im going to get a hayabusa i swear..i love that bike

Newcomer

yea well he prob was like F it cuz he wasnt gonna catch a bike...and if he tried it be dangerous if u tried to flee..idk wat the rules are in cali but to chase after a bike is risky..One day im going to get a hayabusa i swear..i love that bike
    Yea i met a guy on a trip with a hayabusa.. Its one of the most comfortable sportbikes. The guy looked he was 300lbs, but could get still get to 200mph with mods of course. Even though it can wheelie in 3rd gear, its pretty managable at low speeds. If you get you made a good choice..

Old Timer

i raced one when i was in my evo..it was like i wasnt even moving..its so fast..like OMG fast...like redic fast..i want one

Experienced

i raced one when i was in my evo..it was like i wasnt even moving..its so fast..like OMG fast...like redic fast..i want one
    I thought that same way until I had a gixxer 750 come into my lane head on doing a 50mph stoppie then off into the ditch summer saulting 10 feet in the air and the guy was rag dolling 10 feet out my side of the window. The guy was shook up and bleeding but he refused 911 and just asked me to help him get the bike out...lol. Im going for a supermoto. And to answer your question, I've never heard of a cali cop trying to chase a streety with the acception of when I saw a 100+ highspeed chase, but I'm getting off topic..lol

Newcomer

lol..