Good Citizen
    Miami, FL

Default LASER U-Turn By LEO

Earlier tonight I was doing about 65 in a 45mph zone. I already cruised down this road before and I knew that their wouldn't be any cops around to clock me. Atleast that what I thought. So while I was cruising I noticed a LEO coming in the opposite direction so I adjusted my speed from 65 to 45 in a quick second by switching to 2nd gear (Automatic Transmission). But I also observed something I've never happended to me before. While I was looking in my Rear View Mirror, I noticed that the LEO coming in the oncoming direction took a u-turn and followed me. I was pretty shocked that he did that. But then again you always have to expect the unexpectable from these nasty LEOs. So I was doing the 45mph speed the whole time. Then I get a LASER alert from my V1. You know how beserk the LASER alert is on the V1. Screaming at me to slow the f*ck down. But whats funny about that laser alert is that the LASER alert had a directional arrow pointing forward. I don't know if that V1 just spazzed out for a second or if there was an Infiiniti in the oncoming traffic. But all I know is that you need to be completely aware of your surroundings. Don't completely rely on your RD to be your guide to the road.

But I could care less if the V1 alerted me to a LASER alert to an Infiniti or a LEO. But all I know is that the V1 has made me much more of an alert driver on the road. I really don't know if it saved me this time. But what I do know is that it has been doing its job since Feb this year. And I couldn't ask for any other detector.
    Last edited by Mista140; 07-11-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Radar Fanatic

I doubt that it would be the LEO causing the laser alert; a trained leo should know that laser can only be used to obtain a speed reading while he is stationary. The false alert could have been triggered by a number of things, including some neon signs or brake lights of certain vehicles. Also the directional arrow indicates that it was not the LEO.

Yoda of Radar
    Dallas, Texas

Or the guy behind you may have only been the chase car for astationary laser up in front of you, who was calling the shots. We see that a lot here in my area.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Old Timer
    New Jersey

now thats stealth..u-turn leo and another one lasers u ahead...the second that happens the lights go on and ur pulled over