Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cheetah Rep

Default Compilation of V1 settings and options

This is a compiled list of all the V1 settings and what they do. if i missed something, feel free to add to it.
    Here is the link on how to program. https://store.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp
    The V1 has 3 setting options:
    All-Bogeys= all bogeys will be reported as soon as they are detected.
    Logic= bogeys the computer judges to be non-threatening will be reported at the “muted” volume.
    Advanced Logic= bogeys that the computer has reason to believe aren’t radar will not be reported at all.

this list will go by setting number/letter:

1-4. these enable/disable X,K,Ka,Laser.

5. In regards to Ka only, this setting will just make the strength meter show a few more dots quicker, but doesn't change any sensitivity.

6. This is the setting for Ka filtering and false alerts from "junk" detectors. Leaving it enabled will greatly reduce Ka falses without any real change in range. This is also the setting that the "J" (junk) setting uses to filter out falses from other detectors.

7. This is the setting that applies to k band filtering/muting. the manual doesn't tell you this. Enabling this will enable settings b,c,d,f,g. These will only apply in Logic and Advanced Logic mode. If this is disabled (factory default) then settings b,c,d,f,g will not apply, regardless of mode. Logic and Advanced Logic will still filter x band though.
    According to V1 (per email) Logic Mode doesn't really filter, it just reports x and k at whatever volume level the "fader ring" is set at, instead of full volume. if it's a strong signal, it will report at full volume though. Advanced Logic will mute/not report these things at all, unless it is a strong signal. More on how k band filters/mutes below.

8. This setting is used for the mute button. The V1 doesn't have a way to set "automute " like the x50, so your choice is either push the button for full mute, or for a lower, muted volume depending on what the fader ring is set to.

A. When any additional "bogeys" are detected you will be alerted with a "Bogey lock tone (Dee-Deet)". this lets you change the volume of that alert after the mute button is pushed, to full or muted volume.

b,c,d. These are the settings to determine how long to "mute" k band warnings before alerting you to them. ( not including strong alerts). this is the main setting that has to do with falses. There are several posts that go into more detail, on V1's filtering if you need more info on it.
    "
    E,F. These relate to the "mute" time set from b,c,d. My personal opinion on these is "Be Carefull". if you change these, you may have little protection from k band. Anyone with more info, opinion on these ,jump in.

G. this is an interesting one. "Be Carefull" on this one also. Logic mode doesn't seem to to affect this as much as Advanced Logic mode. In Advanced Logic mode, this setting doesn't seem to alert to ANY rear warnings/signals.(k band, don't know if x is affected). Not just no volume, but no rear arrow or bogey alert.

H. this turns ku band on or off. with ku on. the audio is the same as k band, the visual is a red dot at the bottom right corner of the bogey counter.

J. this one is not listed on the V1 programming list. this is the setting to enable/disable "pop" protection. not to be confused with the "J"unk setting on option 6. The "up"arrow is enabled. "down" is disabled. change it the same as the other settings. with it enabled, "PoP", displays on start up. Disabled and it doesn't.

This should point someone in the right direction to all the settings. Anybody with more detail/experience with any of these jump in and share.

Cheetah Rep

Okay, there have been a few updates to the link.
    they now list the "J" (PoP) setting.

they also list an "I" option which turns the factory test on or off. i don't have this option on mine, but others have reported it enables a "PoP" mode. Maybe before Pop was officially released?

Radar Fanatic

I spoke with VR about the "factory test" and I couldn't get a straight answer about what it is. All she would tell me is that I should leave it in the default position because it "damages performance on other bands." Why it says "PoP" on startup is a mystery. I have an email in to them but I have yet to receive a reply to any written correspondence so I'm not too hopeful. Maybe I'll call again at a different time of day and see if I get a different person.

Cheetah Rep

brick,
    thanks for trying to get some info on that. hopefully they'll give you a straight answer.

Apparently there is a new Version 3.821 that includes European options.
    Here's the info courtesy of marlinspike.

Radar Fanatic

I followed up with VR and posted the results here:

http://www.radardetector.net/My-V1-i...21%21-835t.php

The long and short of it is that option I, the "factory test," is something that VR doesn't want you to use. They won't tell me where it came from or why it says "PoP" but according to them it's going to screw up detection if turned on (to the "down" position).

Radar Fanatic

Tim, If you look at the reprogramming chart (I) was only used at 3.812 to 3.813 then discontinued. VR even found it useless.
    Sounds like VR wants to forget (I) ever existed
    Upgrade to loose the (I) and get the (J) & (U)
    I am guessing there could be some additional tweaking (even in regular modes) with the new software. (LOL)

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    Tim, If you look at the reprogramming chart (I) was only used at 3.812 to 3.813 then discontinued. VR even found it useless.
    Sounds like VR wants to forget (I) ever existed
    Upgrade to loose the (I) and get the (J) & (U)
    I am guessing there could be some additional tweaking (even in regular modes) with the new software. (LOL)
    That's a good suggestion. I would like the added Ka sensitivity after seeing those videos. My other concern is the Laser Atlanta gun, which is rumored to be used by the MA staties. Assuming we can't already detect the stealth mode, I'll go for an upgrade as soon as they come out with a patch. (Maybe the Jammer Test webmaster will do a test when he gets his.)

Cheetah Rep

Okay, we're up to version 3.824.
    The "U" mode enables the European mode. Up is off, and down is on.

We had a pic of what the settings do in Euro mode, but the link doesn't seem to work anymore, so if someone has more info, please post.

Cheetah Rep

Okay, here's a link for more info regarding "L" mode and option "7" the k band automute feature. Along with more info on settings "E", "F", "G".
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...?p=27248#27248

All the original information above regarding the other settings still applys.

Professional

I have 3.813... I'm going to go outside right now and turn it on. Your saying that it says P....O....P upon startup? hmmmm something sounds verrrrrrrry strange on this one...

why would it say P O P if it didnt have POP detection? hmmmm sounds like a possible coverup by Mike V and company.