Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A vs L vs l

Radar Fanatic

Default A vs L vs l

A and L is like day and night!

wow, i was experimenting and L is so much quieter... to a point that it seems that it is less sensitive to K and X

is Small l just like A except it mutes X and K

I MUST keep all bands on, i still dont know what mode to use

I love L because its so quiet, almost like my X50... its too quiet though sometimes that I dont know if the V1 is still working

Good Citizen

You are correct - a day and night difference.

I've found that the big L works great for me in known X & K false areas. Seems to filter them out well.

Small L didn't work that great until I reprogrammed the V1 to totally mute, as opposed to using the slide dial. Now when I hit an X it usually beeps once, then goes into silence, but with the arrows still going. Its awesome!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: A vs L vs l

Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    X band yes, K band will only work like this after you reprogram section 7.
    If you are new to radar detectors you probably should not use L mode as you need to learn what is going on.
    L mode suppresses lights and sound until you reach a certain threshold which is dangerous if you run into a distant instant on or trying to pick up the rabbit in front of you being clocked first.
    I mode gives you lights with muted volume until you reach a certain threshold. This is my favorite mode.

Radar Fanatic

i like both Logic modes

A is just too noisy... even for highway use

Advanced Member

I actually found that Big L is amazing.
    It still worked well in NJ picking up Troopers X band.
    Picked up those F***king K Band Speed Signs from miles away.
    Provided Excellent range with Ka Band.
    A is very sensitive....only for remote open highway driving IMO.

Professional

I've been running in L mode with X-band turned back on, just to see if there's anything in my area. I have never ran into X-band in the southern half of the Lower Peninsula of Michgan. But I have had it on for the last couple weeks just to see if anything's changed. I like the L mode. I ran in "small l" mode for a week or so, and I didn't really care for it. If I ran into an X bogey, it muted it fine, but if a K bogey came into the picture, it would do the bogey lock tone at mute volume. That's not cool with me. L mode seems to do a better job at filtering, and everything. I think I'll keep it here for a while and see what I find.

Usually I run with X off and in A mode. If I don't find anything here in the next couple weeks, I'll probably turn X band back off, unless I drive out of my "territory."

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    X band yes, K band will only work like this after you reprogram section 7.
    If you are new to radar detectors you probably should not use L mode as you need to learn what is going on.
    L mode suppresses lights and sound until you reach a certain threshold which is dangerous if you run into a distant instant on or trying to pick up the rabbit in front of you being clocked first.
    I mode gives you lights with muted volume until you reach a certain threshold. This is my favorite mode.
    Dave... I have Full Logic 'L' set, and in town, im still falsing Big Time on the X band signals coming from all the buildings around me. Is that because the signals are strong, and 'L' setting wont mute those? Its so bad that im going to have to program my X out of detection, after having checked that its not being used around here by cops.

Good Citizen

Default setting

is it possable to have the A or L switched on when x,k and pop bands are off

here in nz we only have ka and laser
    cheers
    phil

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by paul e

Dave... I have Full Logic 'L' set, and in town, im still falsing Big Time on the X band signals coming from all the buildings around me. Is that because the signals are strong, and 'L' setting wont mute those? Its so bad that im going to have to program my X out of detection, after having checked that its not being used around here by cops.
    It's just something you have to deal with paul. There are certain X band source that even the big L cannot filter. I even did not enable option 7 because there is a threat of delaying the sound alert even for just 5 sec. specially in K band - got lots of K band with local police vehicles in my area. Knowing so far that X band is not used by LEO in my state, i turned it off and that was my best remedy for the problem. I use my X50 and V1 in my car both hardwired with independent switches. If i have doubts with the source, i turn both RD's on for verification and it has helped me a couple times.

Scratonicity Groupie

Default Re: setting

Quote Originally Posted by philnz
    is it possable to have the A or L switched on when x,k and pop bands are off

here in nz we only have ka and laser
    cheers
    phil
    i'm jealous if those are the only 2 you have to worry about then just turn options 1(xband), option 2 (kband) to the down arrow *off*. now x & k are turned off and you can run in A mode all day long and never get a false.

I would also recommend turning the ka band sensitity alert system up as well. i forgot what number it was but i'm sure someone will chime in with the answer for ya!