I have a real old version of v1.
i send it in for a tune up yesterday but I just found out when it was made by looking at the post by V1 DAVE.
it is from 92-95
would I see a difference by just having the tune up? or would I be better off getting the upgrade?
Definately upgrade since it was that old. V1 not only upgrades the software, but the internal parts will also will be changed out if it has changed since then. It'll be alot better when you get it back.
dam! take pics of it first i want to see it...and yes send it in and get a brand new 1.8
I already send it out yesterday...sorry the thing is that when i looked at my last 3 digits it is 3XX something.
Originally Posted by hockey005
yea i guess im going to give them a call tomorrow and tell them that once they receive it to just upgrade it instead of tuning it.
but the thing looks the same as the news once only difference is that it was fn big almost like a brick lol well not that big but it was pretty big.
btw the version on it was 01.37 lol so you can see that it was real old
dam..omg i wanted to see! that must be like the first v1 ever made!
Wow, that's some history there!
V1 Description: First V1 series, with X, K, and “wideband” Ka covering 34.2-35.2 GHz. No laser warning.
Comment: this version was excellent in the early 90s, but subsequent introduction of “superwide Ka (33.4-36.0 GHz)” radar means that it won’t find some of today’s most commonly used Ka radar guns.
Upgrade Recommendation: Very risky not to have coverage of the full Ka bandwidth. Upgrades add our latest front-and-rear laser warning, also “internal” Mode Memory, LEDs for band identification, and POP Protection and Euro Mode. Upgrading is strongly advised.
Our Instant Upgrade* will make the following improvements to your V1.
- Our best Ka-band performance, including full "superwide" coverage (33.4 - 36.0 GHz), today's long range, much better resistance to Ka false alarms, and POP Protection from MPH BEE™ III and Enforcer™ radars.
- Our best X-band performance.
- Our best K-band performance including POP Protection from MPH Enforcer™ radars.
- Adds radar coverage on Ku-band (used in Europe).
- Our latest laser warning, front and rear.
- Adds front-and-rear laser warning without increasing the "thickness" of your V1.
- Adds False-Alarm Retraction to notify you when V1 finds that an alert in progress is false; also terminates the alert.
- Adds Mode Memory (upon restart, resumes last mode in use).
- Adds stack of LED indicators for each band.
- Adds Euro Mode which adapts V1's radar sensitivity to the way radar is used for photo enforcement in Europe.
- Latest windshield mount with new suction cups.
- Latest visor mount.
- New Lighter Power Adapter with mount for Concealed Display.
- New Direct-wire Power Adapter.
- New coiled cord.
- New straight cord.
- New wiring-harness connector.
- Dual-Lock® fastener.
- New Owners Manual.
- Spare fuse.
- Spare suction cups.
- One-year limited warranty, same as new units.
*INSTANT UPGRADE: As soon as we receive your old unit (in operable condition with no tampering of the serial number) we’ll exchange it for a brand-new, current-production V1. This is our way of assuring you’ll be without V1 protection for the shortest time.
PRICE: $279 plus shipping
isnt that the same body i guess u would call it as the 1.8?