Lead Foot

Default Saved from laser by KA band.

I was on my way to work this morning, kinda in a hurry to be on time so I was doing about 10 to 15 MPH over the PSL. Anyhow, I was about to round a corner when I get a blip of KA band. I slow down a bit to check out the streangth and where it's comming from, and get another blip. I get around the corner doing about the psl, and all of a sudden I get a laser hit. I'm like WTF? Why am I getting KA when he's gunning me with laser? I see the cop now and he's about 1/4 of a mile or so, and as I approach the V1 is steadily going up. I am about to pass the police car, but the V1 isn't indicating full streangth yet, but as soon as I pass, it goes ape ****. It reads rear band KA for about another 1/4 mile till I go around another bend. Turns out he left his front radar antenna on, while standing outside his car gunning laser to the rear. I'm pretty impressed that the V1 picked it up considering it was bieng fired away from me, the distance, and was slightly around a curve. This is my first actual save with V1. I've had a few laser hits with it, but this is my first time to see it pick up radar a good deal away. I can't wait untill I get it tuned which will be the week after next. Highway patrol here in Ohio mainly run laser, so I don't get to encounter that much radar though. Owell, I'll be saving for a jammer here shortly.

Speed Demon

Nice save. You need to get yourself a jammer because not all the cops that will shoot you with laser will leave their radar on. I know the LEOs here don't.

Lead Foot

Yeah that's the first one that I've run into that left it on. I'll be getting a jammer soon. I just have to save a little and then decide which one I want.

Last edited by tosi; 02-27-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by tosi View Post
    NY State troopers do it all the time. They pretty much all run Ka all the time, or at least from my experience on the thruway. The only problem is on the highway they park in the median facing the woods, this mean you usually get hit with laser before you pick up the Ka. Remember they aren't realy thinking about getting detected the point of using laser for them is the ability to accurately target one car out of a group.
    Nice save, unfortunately they don't seem to use laser here (or maybe should that be fortunately? ), so I never get to test my laser detection.

However, I have noticed NC state troopers also love that CO Ka. Every time I get a Ka blip, it's like "ok, so where's that son of a gun...." and then a minute later I see them and get a good laugh (and throw them a nice rev ).

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by RanEnRui View Post
    unfortunately they don't seem to use laser here (or maybe should that be fortunately? ), so I never get to test my laser detection.
    Laser you can atleast jam. IO, and your the chosen one? Like Fritter says, press hard, there are 4 copies.

Radar Fanatic

NY State troopers do it all the time. They pretty much all run Ka all the time, or at least from my experience on the thruway. The only problem is on the highway they park in the median facing the woods, this mean you usually get hit with laser before you pick up the Ka. Remember they aren't realy thinking about getting detected the point of using laser for them is the ability to accurately target one car out of a group.
    In my experience NYST know to turn their radar off when they are shooting lidar. Last week I got shot with lidar jammed and then got IO with KA by the same trooper. I had slowed down by then but some of them can be sneaky. You should get a jammer you never know you might run into a LEO that knows the tricks better then others.

Good Citizen

NY State troopers do it all the time. They pretty much all run Ka all the time, or at least from my experience on the thruway.
    I did not see this recently, 2 weeks ago I seen a trooper sitting in median on the thruway with his passenger window open shooting southbound, and was not running his radar. He shot a white charger in the soutbound lane, luckly for me I was in the northbound side, since I was doing +25PSL. He pulled out like he was on fire to nab the charger from what I saw in my rear view.
    Of course this made me paranoid for the rest of my trip there,and back, and of course from then on, all I saw was Ka.
    And the V1 did not alert at all to the laser, it had a perfect view of the shot too.

Last edited by tosi; 02-27-2009 at 07:58 PM.