Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Valentine1 frontal detection problems

It has now gone into VR hands 4 times. I had a older model which I had for 3-4 years and it never gave me a problem. After it got stolen at the dealership, I had to order this replacement. And this year alone I had to send it in twice. They have it right now and I am waiting to hear back from them.

I sent them a LONG letter regarding the problems. The front signals are weak, but the rears are strong and seem to be picking up everything. The front wouldn't go off sometimes for road signs, businesses, police radar but the rear would start to pick them up before I got there and then go nuts when I pass them.

They always say it needed a retune. I told them that I expect it to be fixed this time not just a retune.

I am starting to get to the point I can't trust it anymore and I need to purchase another brand.

Or I might sell it on Ebay, and purchase a new one.

Newcomer

Heard back just now and I believe it was Mike himself. They did not find anything wrong with the unit which upsets me. They put it through a heat test and amp test as well. So if it continues, it goes up forsale on ebay because I can't trust it.

Old Timer

weird..give it a chance and if u confirm that the front antenna just isnt working then idk wat to tell ya

Radar Fanatic

You got me stumped on this one......If they checked it and it is working fine for them....

maybe you may want to check and reprogram it yourself and make sure bands you need are not turned off etc..
    don't know..just a thought...

Lead Foot

Dump it on e-bay, get your money back out of it and get another one.
    I had the same problem with my V-1. Terrible front antenna detection but pretty fair rear detection. Fought the issues with it for almost 2 years and two trips to V1 for repair/tune up.
    I finally dumped it on e-bay and didn't have plans to get another V-1 anytime soon (I've owned two others in the past) since I was so disgusted with V1 and them blowing me off on this issue.
    A couple months later, my buddy needed some cash and I bought his V1. It's actually a decent radar detector.
    Like I said, dump it on Ebay and move on either way.

Professional

How about the front window on your car? Did you use your older V1 in this car without any problems? Does it have that coating/insert that blocks radar signals? I think its called "Athermic Glass"?

Go to a shopping center that has a radar based door opener. Face your vehicle straight at it with your detector mounted where it normally is, and then stick it out the window and face it at the door opener and see if the alert goes alot higher.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinZX-10R View Post
    How about the front window on your car? Did you use your older V1 in this car without any problems? Does it have that coating/insert that blocks radar signals? I think its called "Athermic Glass"?

Go to a shopping center that has a radar based door opener. Face your vehicle straight at it with your detector mounted where it normally is, and then stick it out the window and face it at the door opener and see if the alert goes alot higher.
    This was going to be my guess too.

Lead Foot

I can 100% guarentee you its nothing to do with the windshield. A lot of guys on here have reported issues with the front antenna being less sensitive than the rear.
    The same folks that still have V1's with this issue have had nothing but continual problems and no fix from V1.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...tml#post339554

Airmore and a few others have reported the same issues. If it were me, I'd dump it and get a different V1 or go with a Belscort.

Professional

i am not having any probs with v1, usually depends on which antena the cop radar is being used. if he is shooting front and if u are behind sure front will give less strength than back antenna on v1 when u passed him... or even if he is comming towards you he may be targetting behind....

Radar Fanatic

I actually have two V1's and the 3864 model(brand new).
    I have not had any front or rear problems with them.I can never live without my V1's.
    The suggesting of dumping them on ebay is probably a good one.You may also want to check out the sti driver from Bel.I have one and it is an awesome radar detector and very very few false alarms as comapred to my v1's.
    regards
    hunter