Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default New Windshield Mount?

Hello,

I just recently bought a new car and the windshield is very different and I can't even stick my suction cups there anymore. I know they do suck and this topic has been discussed before and I can't find it. Please excuse me for that.

Anyways, what are some good mounting that will stay on the Windshields? I don't want the Custom Mount that goes under the mirror or the glue stuff that will affect me in the future for selling the car. I can't remember one product name from Radio Shack website. Whatever it is, it's good but looks confusing at the same time to mount with V1.

if you find one, please explain it to me because I don't like messing something up on my windshield or my V1. It sucks for not using V1 because it can't mount on the stinking windshield!

Thanks!

Stealthed Like a B-2

Go to walmart and get a big suction cup. I bought it at first to use it for mounting my detector on the very increased curve of the windshield (for some experiments) but it holds so good though. One of those are better than 2 of the bel suction cups.

Here's some pics:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...i-install.html

That was my old car. GMC Denali AWD V8 6.0L - A good 10 miles to the gallon, 12 pure highway driving. Loved the car but the gas issue made me sell it!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by YTCD View Post
    Go to walmart and get a big suction cup. I bought it at first to use it for mounting my detector on the very increased curve of the windshield (for some experiments) but it holds so good though. One of those are better than 2 of the bel suction cups.

Here's some pics:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...i-install.html

That was my old car. GMC Denali AWD V8 6.0L - A good 10 miles to the gallon, 12 pure highway driving. Loved the car but the gas issue made me sell it!
    nice how much do those suction cups go for? and are they in the car section?

i need one for my ws6 and I need to get the concealed display aswell

Stealthed Like a B-2

Default Re: New Windshield Mount?

Actually very cheap. But there in the crafts section. Along with some suction cups that look like the ones you got with the detector.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by YTCD View Post
    Actually very cheap. But there in the crafts section. Along with some suction cups that look like the ones you got with the detector.
    Sweet im gonna have to check them out and get one so that I can mount my v1 and so that it wont fall of the winshield

Professional

Hey YTCD, Thanks for your help! So there is actually a suction cup that will work with V1 like no tapping involved but just like you would with stock suction cups?

Stealthed Like a B-2

Yes i'm pretty sure. I did it with my beltronics sti. But when you buy the suction cup it comes with a tool in the box that should fix what i think your talking about.

I'm almost 100% sure it will work. But i'm going to try to find a picture of V1's suction mounts to make sure.

Stealthed Like a B-2

alright since i can't find a good picture of the mount a few questions:

On the bracket do you have access to this part

See you shouldn't have to do any of the tape tricks i had to do because I had an extreme curvature on the windshield.

This is the experiment that i'm talking about:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...e-come-up.html

Pretty much it doesn't matter, i'm almost sure it will work, if you have access to that part of the suction cup your fine and anyways its only like 3 dollars for the suction cups. once you get them let me know I will tell you tricks if it doesn't work.

Good Citizen

it looks like this tps://store.valentine1.com/store/products/20306.gif

https://store.valentine1.com/store/products/20307.gif
    so should that work?