Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Quick V1 question

Since I got my V1 in the mail the other day, I've been itching to turn X and POP off, and also, verify the rev number. There was a really good video on how to do that, can some one please post that back up for me? Also, another quick note, should I increase the sensitivity of Ka band, or is that a setting I should leave alone?

Experienced

Default Re: Quick V1 question

Heres the vid I've seen, but leave that Ka setting alone, I tried it... It pretty much makes you $hit your pants every time because the ramp up is non existant.

YouTube - Valentine one

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TRDdave View Post
    Since I got my V1 in the mail the other day, I've been itching to turn X and POP off, and also, verify the rev number. There was a really good video on how to do that, can some one please post that back up for me? Also, another quick note, should I increase the sensitivity of Ka band, or is that a setting I should leave alone?
    I have turned my Ka band to increase sensitivity....it helps where i live as Ka has become one of the most used modes around..
    You can go on you tube and take a look.There is a step by step video there on programming..

Experienced

The "sensetivity" setting in no way helps your range or detecting abilities, it simply ramps the alert strength faster than normal. Without it you have better judgment of how far away the LEO is.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    The "sensetivity" setting in no way helps your range or detecting abilities, it simply ramps the alert strength faster than normal. Without it you have better judgment of how far away the LEO is.
    I also thought that...

but i find it gives me better range with the increased sensitivity....

I have driven miles and miles both ways..
    but thankx for the input..

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I also thought that...

but i find it gives me better range with the increased sensitivity....

I have driven miles and miles both ways..
    but thankx for the input..
    really??

I have been told that it only increases ramp up? Can you show any videos or tests that proves it actually increases range? That would be cool if it actually did that.

Lead Foot

Heres the vid I've seen, but leave that Ka setting alone, I tried it... It pretty much makes you $hit your pants every time because the ramp up is non existant.

YouTube - Valentine one
    "I like it better than the 4 Cobras I owned before..."

Radar Fanatic

Gentlemen, please listen, the Ka setting does NOT, I repeat NOT increase the V1's Ka range. If there were a way to increase the V1's Ka range don't you think that VR(Valentine Research) would have made this part of the RD and not an option that you have to figure out how to turn on? The increased Ka "sensitivity" ONLY ONLY ONLY makes the V1's ramp up on Ka faster. I promise you that it does NOT increase range in any way.

I tried it for a while then turned it off because with it on it is impossible to judge the distance you are from the source(LEO)(Law Enforcement Officer).

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlesfan View Post
    Gentlemen, please listen, the Ka setting does NOT, I repeat NOT increase the V1's Ka range. If there were a way to increase the V1's Ka range don't you think that VR(Valentine Research) would have made this part of the RD and not an option that you have to figure out how to turn on? The increased Ka "sensitivity" ONLY ONLY ONLY makes the V1's ramp up on Ka faster. I promise you that it does NOT increase range in any way.

I tried it for a while then turned it off because with it on it is impossible to judge the distance you are from the source(LEO)(Law Enforcement Officer).

Thank you...lol.. Sometimes people just try to over complicate detection statistics from thier RDs'. It's got sooo many variables that can change the detection distance and gohsting, all that.

Radar Fanatic

Thank you...lol.. Sometimes people just try to over complicate detection statistics from thier RDs'. It's got sooo many variables that can change the detection distance and gohsting, all that.
    You're more than welcome. I remember when I knew nothing about radar and I was confused just like these people now. In time they'll learn the ins and outs of radar and laser and they'll know what 35.5 and 34.7 is.

P.S. I'm not really into trucks, but I would allow your truck to have my children.