Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (J) time limit

Newcomer

Default (J) time limit

Juz curious ta know if there is a time limit on the (J) alert,,does is stay on 5 secs 10,20 etc.in other words,if a person is sitting next to a junk detector and the v1 is givn a junk alert, would the alert sound as long as ur by the fake signal,would it by like as if ur next to a real signal(cop)???????

Radar Fanatic

I don't know if there is a time limit but I think that there is a signal strength threshold above which the V1 will start to alert on the junk detector. Whenever I get a persistent alert from one of these things it's extremely strong and from a vehicle that's trailing me.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    I don't know if there is a time limit but I think that there is a signal strength threshold above which the V1 will start to alert on the junk detector. Whenever I get a persistent alert from one of these things it's extremely strong and from a vehicle that's trailing me.
    Do u think this threshold is cuz the fact,that it is possible the (j) alert could b junkin out a real threat

Radar Fanatic

Could be. It has happened and VR does know about it. Only their engineers really know what's going on inside the case.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Could be. It has happened and VR does know about it. Only their engineers really know what's going on inside the case.
    U know it makes ya wonder if nethang can really b done about it,cuz if u think bout it,,juz like other folks hav said,u would minimize the sensetivity if this get fixed right,,or do u feel there is away ta fix it,w\\out looz-n the sensitivity

i have the 3.813 model,and instead of me wanting ta upgrade by sendin in old unit i want ta juz buy the new 1,ya feel me

Cheetah Rep

Default Re: (J) time limit

Quote Originally Posted by brotha_from_alaska
    Juz curious ta know if there is a time limit on the (J) alert,,does is stay on 5 secs 10,20 etc.in other words,if a person is sitting next to a junk detector and the v1 is givn a junk alert, would the alert sound as long as ur by the fake signal,would it by like as if ur next to a real signal(cop)???????
    No, the J alert will sound briefly, flash the "J", then stop, so the V1 will be silent, unless there are other signals, but it stops alerting to the Junk signal.

And i would consider waiting until the next revision to see what it does about the J problem and if it improves upon the supposed true k band filtering.

Newcomer

Default Re: (J) time limit

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha_from_alaska
    No, the J alert will sound briefly, flash the "J", then stop, so the V1 will be silent, unless there are other signals, but it stops alerting to the Junk signal.

And i would consider waiting until the next revision to see what it does about the J problem and if it improves upon the supposed true k band filtering.
    Hey ,thanks 4 the 411,i also guess that it does make sence ta wait,but when do u suppose the new 1 will come out,and how often does a new 1 happen,is it when a flaw is fixed or is like evry so ften

Cheetah Rep

That's a good question which i don't have a good answer for.
    The reason for so many revisions lately are the attempt to fix the J issue, the added Euro mode, and to fix option 7 not working with revision 3.824

i don't think VR will be much help either on this, since just before i bought mine i asked them about anything new and they said no, then a few months later Euro mode comes out along with all the different revisions.

you just may need to weigh your options. if yours still works against all the threats in your area and you don't actually need something that the newer ones have, than i would definately wait a bit. if you're being unprotected from something now, then you may need to do the upgrade, but still possibly send it back again later if they resolve the J issue.

hope this helps a little anyway.

Professional

Crap, up here in Alaska there is hardly ANY thread of a radar trap. I have been here 2 years and have caught one radar trap! Lots of cops but not enough of them to take care of the area and do radar at the same time I guess....

I wont upgrade my V-1 until I leave and drive out down through the states

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Holla
    Crap, up here in Alaska there is hardly ANY thread of a radar trap. I have been here 2 years and have caught one radar trap! Lots of cops but not enough of them to take care of the area and do radar at the same time I guess....

I wont upgrade my V-1 until I leave and drive out down through the states
    wut part alaska u from,Holla..me Anchorage been here 23 yrs