Professional

Default Since my V1 was reverted to 3.863..

I haven't had any issues with ghosting, or "over-saturation" as VR calls it. Whenever I used to approach a strong K band source pointed in my direction (either from a cruiser or a speed trailer), my V1 (3.864) would alert to several X/Ka bogeys. This would happen within about 50-75 yards which isn't the end of the world, but it is rather annoying, considering that it has never done this before.

So when I sent it in to VR, I got a phone call from a technician saying that he was unable to reproduce what I was complaining about in the lab - and he tried that with 3.863 and 3.864 (which he called the current version, but this is after 3.871 was released ). He then told me about the "over-saturation that can happen with a strong K band source. He said that he can reflash it back to 3.863 if I wanted. So I told him that's what I wanted and he sent it back that same day via 2 day air (YAY!). I've had it back for two days now and have had a few encounters without ANY ghosting or "over-saturation". I even tried this with a speed trailer and made multiple runs on it. I guarantee that my 3.864 would go nuts there.

Just thought I'd share. I'm VERY happy with my V1 now that it is reflashed to a version where I had no problems. It is also much more sensitive.

Experienced

Default Re: Since my V1 was reverted to 3.863..

Hmm... well I just dont know what to say about this.

Professional

Before they would not admit to ghosting, now they appear to be fixing it, was this all under warranty and for free?

Professional

Yep it was under warranty and free. I sent it in with 3.864 (I first bought it with 3.863, then sent it in for 3.864 because I wanted to have the newest version, bad problem I have - makes life difficult) and it is now 3.863. I never had any problems with 3.863 so I asked him to flash it back to that.

On a side note, I sent it in via the slowest (read cheapest) UPS option and they sent it back FedEx 2nd day air. I love VR.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Jabomb9 View Post
    Yep it was under warranty and free. I sent it in with 3.864 (I first bought it with 3.863, then sent it in for 3.864 because I wanted to have the newest version, bad problem I have - makes life difficult) and it is now 3.863. I never had any problems with 3.863 so I asked him to flash it back to that.

On a side note, I sent it in via the slowest (read cheapest) UPS option and they sent it back FedEx 2nd day air. I love VR.
    Delete.
    Last edited by mikered30; 08-24-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Jabomb9 View Post

Who did you talk to at VR? Were they helpful? I have ghosting, but I have 3.863. I have a feeling they will not be able to replicate it either in the lab.
    Last edited by mikered30; 08-24-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Professional

His name was Michael and he was very helpful. He actually called me on my cell phone and told me what was up. I was able to explain what was happening and he knew my V1's entire history. He said he ran the same test on multiple versions, but wasn't able to get the results I was complaining about for some reason. I have no clue why this was, because I used it on a daily basis and it happened all the time. He told me that he could keep it at 3.863 if I wanted, which I agreed to. I told him that I'd like that as long as all the components and systems are working properly and the V1 has the maximum amount of sensitivity. He said he'd reflash it to 3.863 and check everything again then send it out.

I got it two mornings later. He was very polite and understanding. They simply have amazing CS, which I think makes or breaks a company.