Valentine 1 w/ hardwire kit
One spade connector
1. Mount the detector above the rearview mirror as high as you can get it.
2. Run telephone wire from V1 up into headliner and down A-Pillar and down the drivers side door (plenty of places to hide the wire, I have no wire showing anywhere)
3. Open fuse box located under steering wheel
4. Above the actual colored fuses you will notice a 1"x3/8" square area that would contain a module but instead has 3 pins (this is for Canadian Daytime Running Lights) -- take note of the middle pin -- as it provides power.
5. Cut off the metal plug end on your V1 hardwire kit, strip part of the plastic red wrapping off and crimp the bare wire into your spade connector.
6. Plug spade connector into the middle pin described earlier, make sure it is secure and tight.
7. Use the screw that holds the fuse box in place for your ground area.
8. Mount the hardwire thing that holds the RJ-11 jacks somewhere where it is hidden inside the fuse area.
9. Hide all your wires, check your work, turn on car.
(Optional Step) 10. Attach your remote display to the area in the picture and run that wire down the steering wheel area making sure to hide as much of it as possible.