Good Citizen

Default Seriously thinkin of purchasing V1

Hey guys, haven't been on the site recently but now im back and browsing around and i have been thinkin of getting a brand new shiny Valentine 1.

Since i have been dreaming for one for over a year now and finally i have the money so i may just give it a go.

Anyways my driving routine now that im going to college will be mostly highway back and forth to my home, and around home is city driving with bunches of K band falses. (Rochester, Ny which im familiar with K and Ka band usage around city and Ka and laser on highways)

Now i have been reading up on the current version of the V1 and I've noticed some ghosting issues with it (3.864 if im correct). and im not sure about this issue seeing it somewhat random with the people on this forum. should i be worried about this or no?

I currently have a XTR-690 and im thinkin if i get the V1 it will just completly blow my mind from what i have ever known with radar detectors since the 690 was my first detector i have owned.

i would just like some final input on wether to go for it or not since i know you guys know your stuff here on this forum.

thanks alot

Lead Foot

Default Re: Seriously thinkin of purchasing V1

I'd say not to be worried. There are a few that have problems, but not the majority. I love my V1, although it's a 3.819, but they were also known to have problems, and I don't have any so...

Experienced

The only thing the ghosting does it when you have a strong signal (like max strength at point blank range), V1 will show multiple bogies when there really is only one.

It's not as a huge deal as it sounds, since by then you already have visual confirmation, and this doesn't always happen either. The only thing that might affect you would be city driving if you drive by a lot of areas with known falses , then the V1 can drive you nuts.

I do some city driving, but I fortunately don't encounter any K or KA band falses.

Professional

I have both.v1 will blow ur mind.
    Arrows itself will amaze u, don't worry about ghosting I haven't experieced any on my 3.864.

Good Citizen

I tested my rev. this morning with a direct K blast, and absolutely no ghosting; It was dead on.

My only issues are various laser alerts out of no where and some slight arrow confusion in city.

Which my self-reasoning tells me that if the light fell within laser... I should be alerted.

And the arrows in city is to be expected because we have tons of falsing.

So far loving mine. I get to drive to Nashville this weekend and mess with a 9500xi so we will see! = P

I have been a Bellscort fan for the longest but I figured it was time to try something new.
    Last edited by senfinger; 08-27-2008 at 07:56 AM.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by senfinger View Post
    I tested my rev. this morning with a direct K blast, and absolutely no ghosting; It was dead on.

My only issues are various laser alerts out of no where and some slight arrow confusion in city.

Which my self-reasoning tells me that if the freq fell within laser... I should be alerted.

And the arrows in city is to be expected because we have tons of falsing.

So far loving mine. I get to drive to Nashville this weekend and mess with a 9500xi so we will see! = P

I have been a Bellscort fan for the longest but I figured it was time to try something new.
    Lidar works by using light, so there's no frequency involved, so that wouldn't be it. The arrows may get confused in the city, due to radar bouncing off buildings and such, but I usually see more of that when I'm I'm stopped at a light with a bunch of sources around. I've only encountered one real threat in the city so far, and with an acutal strong radar threat, the arrows were spot on pretty much. That's cool that your gonna get to play with the IX this weekend. I'd like to play with one.
    Last edited by Red Turbo Tegg; 08-27-2008 at 07:52 AM.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Red Turbo Tegg View Post
    Lidar works by using light, so there's no frequency involved, so that wouldn't be it. The arrows may get confused in the city, due to radar bouncing off buildings and such, but I usually see more of that when I'm I'm stopped at a light with a bunch of sources around. I've only encountered one real threat in the city so far, and with an acutal strong radar threat, the arrows were spot on pretty much. That's cool that your gonna get to play with the IX this weekend. I'd like to play with one.
    Good catch on the Lidar... I worked 14 hours yesterday <-- a little tired...
    *Ninja-Edit*

*But I usually see more of that when I'm I'm stopped at a light with a bunch of sources around.*

Same here... the only time it happens...

I know I can't wait on the IX!
    Last edited by senfinger; 08-27-2008 at 07:57 AM.

Good Citizen

Thanks alot guys for ur input. i guess its not a HUGE problem and i'll give the V1 a go... i will probibly order today, and does VR use 2 days shipping? intime for the weekend?

thanks again

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ex0dus36 View Post
    Thanks alot guys for ur input. i guess its not a HUGE problem and i'll give the V1 a go... i will probibly order today, and does VR use 2 days shipping? intime for the weekend?

thanks again
    The STI, 9500xi and V1 you can't go wrong... It's like comparing Lamborghini to Ferrari! (Of course I'm a Lambo fan) he he he!

Yep typically 2 day for most people. I would say Monday- Also if you have the extra cash; the carrying case is amazing quality!!!

Professional

You can't go wrong with the V1 unless your the type that cannot, what so ever, tolerate any false alerts. Personally I like the falses. It allows me to gauge the tuning on my unit.

I was a huge Bel fan that constantly wanted more. Since owning the V1, that desire has disappeared. It's a fantastic detector.