Thread: Two Questions

Experienced

Question Two Questions

1) I was thinking of a way to quickly judge if the V1 was level when I remount it. I considered putting electrical tape at the notch where it sits level, but thought that was too tacky and may leave tape residue on it. Any better ideas?
    I could just buy a small bubble level, but that is embarassing when in front of friends. Just looking for something quick, easy, and more accurate than "eye leveling"

2) I'm sure this was a thread at one point, but I was wondering the best way to see the volume knob at night. Painting it white might work. Does anyone do anything for this?

Thanks

Default Re: Two Questions

The easiest solution is to use liquid paper to put a tiny mark for the correct notch position.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Gothenburg View Post
    I could just buy a small bubble level, but that is embarassing when in front of friends.
    Pshaw! They can be all high and mighty when it's their car, their driving and their chance of running across speed traps.

Lead Foot

the white-out idea sounds good, but it could be hard to see if you are mounting high. I just leave mine in the car so any adjustments I make are rare and I can take the extra time to eye-ball it. Although I know how funny it could be to do in front of friends.

Are you having problems adjusting/muting the volume at night? To me its really easy to feel it out since the display is always well lit.

Experienced

Mine is mounted high with the concealed display by my guage cluster. The display is blacked out. It is not hard to adjust the volume obviously, but it can be hard to tell where the volume is at since I'm not going to take the time to look at it while speeding down the highway at night! It would be cool to see the black volume line easier.

Maybe an idea for REBinc... luminated volume knob... I could use the liquid paper idea I guess.

I don't have to take the main unit down and up very often, but when I do, I hate trying to eye level it. Anyone do anything different?

Quote Originally Posted by polakatl View Post
    the white-out idea sounds good, but it could be hard to see if you are mounting high. I just leave mine in the car so any adjustments I make are rare and I can take the extra time to eye-ball it. Although I know how funny it could be to do in front of friends.

Are you having problems adjusting/muting the volume at night? To me its really easy to feel it out since the display is always well lit.
    What about trying the white-out in V1's side groove for the V1's bracket?

Experienced

Yeah, that's actually not a bad idea. Just like a little dot or something. That could work well. Sorry, I misread your first post, and thought you were referring to the volume knob.

Thanks MEM-TEK, I think I'll give this a try.