Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Heart Stopper Save coming home 2nite!

Guys -

I learned a great lesson tonight, do not drive without your V1. Fortunatly mine was armed. I was coming home from a night with some friends and just before I get to my neighborhood a LEO running trigger Ka in a new Dodge Charger SR/T.

He popped it on about 120 yards before i got to him and the ramp up to a good ping for him must of been about all of 3 seconds. I was doing 52 in a 45, so the V1 just made an incredible break for me to get closer to that 45 range before a full peg.

I gave my V1 a nice kiss, and this makes for a real wake up call for me with the local LEO's and there end of the month BS. It's also a holiday weekend and everyone be alert and careful.

I cannot believe how much my 3 second save tonight could of been the difference between ticket/jail or going to home sweet home.

Less than 2 miles from the house. Let this be a good swallow for everyone! Fire up those V1's and have a great weekend everyone!

AstroSteve

Experienced

Default Re: Heart Stopper Save coming home 2nite!

Will a cop in FL give you a ticket for 7mph over? In AZ they won't even put the donut down till you top 10 over, maybe.
    Last edited by ATSRADAR; 08-27-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Yoda of Radar

And, of course, at around the 50mph mark, most speedometers are actually reading 2 to 5 mph high, so you were probably doing under 5 over PSL. Although, that doesn't in any lessen the validity of the point of your story!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Lead Foot

What a joke! I was hoping for something much better than that.

52 in a 45? And the V1 "Made the difference between ticket/jail!" Jail?

As mentioned previously, I cruise by officers doing 7+ all the time. They don't care.. all they have to do is wait five minutes and they'll get someone doing 20+.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Cauhauna View Post
    As mentioned previously, I cruise by officers doing 7+ all the time. They don't care.. all they have to do is wait five minutes and they'll get someone doing 20+.
    Don't forget the CHP episode of Speeders where the dick was ticketing for 6 over PSL in a 55. It definitely happens.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Experienced

In AZ our highways are crowed with soccer moms going 15-20 over. Easy pickings. Good save though, keeps you on your toes.
    Last edited by ATSRADAR; 08-27-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Almost Banned

52 in a 45? And the V1 "Made the difference between ticket/jail!" Jail?

maybe he had a few beers at the time......?

Good Citizen

In the state of GA 10 miles and under is fine (Local and County are told not to bother)... not unless GSP pulls you over; They can pull you over for 2 or 3 mph.

If you read through the LEO Forums 95% of cops do not bother until more then 10 over.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by senfinger View Post
    In the state of GA 10 miles and under is fine (Local and County are told not to bother)... not unless GSP pulls you over; They can pull you over for 2 or 3 mph.

If you read through the LEO Forums 95% of cops do not bother until more then 10 over.
    Exactly my point. I see no reason to even post a thread about a 7MPH over save. He would've been 'saved' without the V1. At speeds like that, he doesn't even need a RD to keep him ticket free....If he drove 200 miles a day for 5 years at +7 PSL, he MIGHT get a single ticket somewhere along the way.. maybe

As for the beers, if that were the case, its too bad he didn't get nailed. RD's are NOT designed to help shield drunk/buzzed (idiot) drivers.

Almost Banned

As for the beers, if that were the case, its too bad he didn't get nailed. RD's are NOT designed to help shield drunk/buzzed (idiot) drivers.
    agreed. but I'm sure everyone in that situation would be thrilled of the warning.